[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so i have a 2001 pontiac grand am se and it's getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Ok so i have a 2001 pontiac grand am se and it's getting pretty hot where i live now and so i have trouble with my car running too hot and i already had to replace the thermostat box once and i don't want to do it again.

so my question is: would buying a hood with a scoop or vents help with this at all? is there another solution?
>>
buying a ram air hood wont fix your overheating issue. start simple with diagnosing it properly. are the cooling fans working? coolant level ok? does the coolant look brown and full of shit?
>>
>>17386790
take it to a mechanic and have it fixed properly.
>>
>>17386822
idk about the fans but it is pretty old so i thought it might be the filter or whatever is all full of shit so it isnt getting good air flow.
the coolant should be fine because i had a problem with it when my thermostat box melted so i check it pretty regularly and the brand of coolant that is supposed to be standard is orange so i wouldnt know if it looks brown
>>
>>17386790
>i have trouble with my car running too hot
You provided no details about the service history. SO your problems could simply have been you let the coolant get old and brown and kept running it that way until the thermstat or even the water pump is worn out. Or you might have used tap water one time to refill when you didn't have coolant Thus the insides of the radiator may have calcium deposits which reduces heat exchange. Or you mixed coolant and it is gummy inside thus reducing the amount of cool.

So many things left out of the description. And you claimed the coolant should be fine since you claimed to check it regularly, yet you say you don't know if it looks brown. Presumably, you are using DexCool coolant.
>>
>>17386790
>i have trouble with my car running too hot
What does that mean?

The temperature gauge has the needle pointing to a temp higher than you like? Or is the warning light on? Or this occurs only when idling for a while at a stop light?
>>
>>17386790
You need speed holes
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.