[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I ditch my MK3 Supra for an S13? This car is comfy, goes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: poopra.png (906KB, 914x604px) Image search: [Google]
poopra.png
906KB, 914x604px
Should I ditch my MK3 Supra for an S13?

This car is comfy, goes fast in a straight line and it looks nice but it's not the best drivers car, the steering lacks feel and it feels like the gearchange is from a tractor while the 7M is lazy. An excellent grand tourer.

Should I sell this car for £4000 and get something else? Give me recommendations.

pic related - my car
>>
>>17385608

If you want a floppy s chassis with a shitty truck engine you'd want to swap out immediately sure.
>>
>>17385619

I'm not in america so I don't get truck engine, all the cars in this country are SR20 or CA18.

I can get pretty much any japanese sports car I want here.
>>
>>17385608
I've owned an s15 and a mk4 supra, which obviously aren't the same car as a mk3 and s13 but should give you a general idea of the differences. The supra feels a lot more solid than the s15 did, it definitely is the better car in most aspects. They were double the price of an s chassis brand new so this is understandable. Where the supra falls down for me is that you can definitely feel the weight of it. This is where the s chassis is better. It feels light and it has much nicer steering feel. I wouldn't say it was faster, just more enjoyable as the supra makes me feel like im driving a boat. Long story short supras are excellent grand tourers as you said and the s chassis has nicer driving feel in the bends but less refined. As for recommendations, it all depends on what type of driving you like.
>>
>>17385619
2bh the M engine is a truck motor too lol
>>
>>17385697

Yeah I get that the Supra is much more practical as a day to day and if I could I would keep it and also buy a lightweight rear drive sports car, but I don't have the space for that. I've been looking and light RWD cars like E30s, S13s, RX7s and the like mainly.

I don't know if you've driven a MK3 manual, the throw on the shift is so long from 1st to 2nd that no matter how fast I try and shift the revs drop below where they should. I want the better driving dynamics but I don't know if the trade off for comfort and usability is worth it.

Which car did you enjoy owning more?
>>
>>17385739
If you want something lightweight and more fun in the corners I say sell the supra and get something else. I ended up selling mine for the same reason you want to sell yours.If you wont be using it as a daily, get an rx7. Otherwise s13, I dont know much about bmws so I cant weigh in on the e30 unfortunately.
I haven't driven a mk3 but if the throw really is that bad you might have to rev match your up shifts. The difference in comfort wont be too great, I barely noticed when I went from s15 to supra.
I enjoyed the s15 more.
>>
>>17385700
Well, to be honest the m is from Toyota's high level GT car. But it sorta feels like it.
>>
>>17385608
mk3 was my favorite car i ever owned.. RIP supy
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.