[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you don't take your car to the track at least once every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

if you don't take your car to the track at least once every 3 months, you are not allowed to talk about:
A: vehicle dynamics
B: vehicle setup
C: driver involvement
D: anything to do with automotive performance

normies please leave my board.
>>
>t. Normie who never brings his car to a trach and/or doesn't have one
>>
I never talk about any of these.
>>
>>17384866
Likewise. I don't come to /o/ to talk shit about things I don't know like 95% of the posters here.
I am also not allowed on the local track unless I have at least a homologated 4 point cage (miata).

Having said that, just because I've never been on the track, that doesn't mean I know nothing about A,B,C,D as all of those bar C are mathematical and can be armchair mechanic'd.
>>
>only tracked my current car once every 6 months on average
fuck i better shut up now
>>
>>17384881
>as all of those bar C are mathematical and can be armchair mechanic'd.
you may know the chemical formula for fucking perfect rattatouie that doesnt mean you retard all-knowing ass dont set up the smoke alarm when making fucking toast.
The on paper facts matter so little you might as well ignore them
>>
File: 1226653192609.jpg (42KB, 420x631px) Image search: [Google]
1226653192609.jpg
42KB, 420x631px
>>17385053
Yeah because technical data means nothing to anyway.

Keep pushing your little troll as hard as you can, don't mind me.
>>
>>17385065
theres a ford puma going so fast its competing with gtr's and 400hp subarus. Guess why its fast. Is it LS1 swap? no.
Is it incredible pro top tier tuning? lol no.
Its the fucking driver, but you wouldnt know anything about driving anyway.
>>
>>17384846
...so because I don't track my fucking XJ that means I'm not allowed to talk about vehicles at all? Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>17385278
makes sense since most of the talk is "x is shit because it looses to z based on these numbers i found in 10 seconds on google lmao lets laugh at x owners"
>>
File: BDD215n5.jpg (135KB, 1024x620px) Image search: [Google]
BDD215n5.jpg
135KB, 1024x620px
>>
>>17384846
What's the difference between a track and the street except for on track:
>wide road
>one way traffic
>consciously understanding running off the road will be ok
>no fear of law enforcement

Does the car handle differently because it's on a track? Of course not.
You can get to know the feel of your car on the road with no problem. Fuck off retard. Maybe for burgers with hundreds of miles of straight roads and intersections for their regular driving this applies but the rest of the world actually needs to turn around a corner every day.
>>
What makes you think I don't drive on public roads like they are a track?

>not heading out to the toegay and trying to beat your best time
it's like you're afraid of dying. fag.

if the road's corners are too gentle you're not going fast enough.
>>
>>17384846
but what if i work as an engineer for a race team where my job is to literally talk about vehicle dynamics, vehicle setup, and driver involvement?
>>
>>17384881
4 point cage is $400

less than a new set of good tires and lasts a lifetime

just get one
>>
OP thinks a track day where you're not racing or even allowed to drive hard by the venue (overtake) is any mark of legitimacy .

I get your point, but along the same lines, you haven't lived till you've raced.

The feeling of being completely outgunned, in braking and accelerating, and desperately hanging on when you're way above your head, by just banking on absolute madman lines

To capitalize on a mistake and overtake in the last corner

And cross the line

Is a feeling unlike any trackday.

Literally you're playing games in your head.

Do the real thing.
>>
File: 1472931507626.png (461KB, 615x366px) Image search: [Google]
1472931507626.png
461KB, 615x366px
If your daily doesn't have slicks you're not allowed to post on /o/
>>
>>17384846
Silly OP. Some of us don't have any tracks other than nascar loops and drag strips. Some of us have to use the public street, like me. I think that's the only exception. I have been in one legal street circuit if that counts
>>
>>17384846
>Track
Fuck off retard if you don't race on real roads you're trash.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.