[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is driving manual really that hard in traffic? I daily a manual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1382392388567.jpg (60KB, 580x348px) Image search: [Google]
1382392388567.jpg
60KB, 580x348px
Is driving manual really that hard in traffic? I daily a manual in Toronto and even in traffic jams it's not really THAT bad. And I'm not even a good driver.
>>
>>17383213
For Americans, it is. The rest of the world knows how to drive manual because they have an IQ higher than that of a glazed donut.
>>
I've driven manual pretty much as long as I have been driving, so I've never gotten comfortable enough in an automatic to really appreciate the ease in stop-and-go traffic. Probably wouldn't hurt now that I'm living in northern Delaware, but in while I was growing up in the burbs of PA and living in Maine for a while it was extremely pleasant. I don't think I can ever give it up now though with how long I've been driving manuals. Yeah, I start to notice it more where I live now, but it's not so much of a hindrance that I'd ever go out of my way to get an automatic.

IMO people who shit on manuals for the stop-and-go argument are just being idiots, nitpicking, and/or lazy
>>
>>17383213
It's too hard for people that don't want to try and/or put the effort in.
>>
>>17383244
Nah manuals suck ass in traffic. If you're choosing to bumper to bumper for commute get an auto or a different job. If you're occasionally in traffic, suck it up Nancy.
>>
>>17383277
It's really kind of a subjective thing when it all boils down though. I like manuals, and I don't mind driving one in heavy traffic at all. If anything the only time I ever really noticed it and sort of wished for an auto was when I had my truck, and that's only because it was old, stiff, and the clutch was heavy. My new car is much lighter in all regards, and as such is no problem to me whatsoever. Really just depends on what a specific person's tolerances are.
>>
It's not difficult. Just annoying...and hard on the clutch
>>
>>17383213
It's meh. I don't like the car crawling like autos do when not stepping on the brake. I also value the possibility of my vehicle to be towed, something you can't do on autos.

It's also an important factor against autos that the few that are available on my market, are really crappy transmission systems.
>>
>>17383226
Quit projecting, Mohammed.
>>
>>17383213

I've never even thought about it, manual or automatic makes no difference to me in heavy traffic.
>>
>>17383213
as someone who's done delivery jobs in Manhattan with a manual, it's not hard unless you have a very shitty shifter setup in the car. your left foot will get swole
>>
it depends on how you see driving and cars. Personally I love racing and shifting a manual for the power it provides in really powerful cars.
For riding a fucking under 300 hp car in the city traffic, I don't see the ''HERP DERP IN CONTROL' of constantly shifting between N 1 and 2 to get fucking crawling in jams, I like just pressing the pedal when I need to go or releasing when I need to crawl, while drinking something/smoking/listening to music- basically making my commute as relaxing as possible.
>>
>>17384654
esp this when we are talking not under 100k miles cars but fucking old shitboxes with 1.3 diesels in the city. My fucking 98kw neon automatic smokes anything in the traffic jams, enjoy your diesel control 92 passats.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.