[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1,472 mile trip in a daily driven 1976 4x4 chevy truck Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Dumb-and-Dumber-Shaggin-Wagon.jpg (16KB, 543x215px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb-and-Dumber-Shaggin-Wagon.jpg
16KB, 543x215px
>1,472 mile trip in a daily driven 1976 4x4 chevy truck
Is it possible /o/ ?
what do i do to prepare ?
what should i bring ?
what should i check for ?
>>
Bring some bottles of 710
>>
>>17377292
1,472 miles at 10 mpg * $2.50 = $368. Bring money.
>>
>>17377321
At this point it would actually be worth it to spend the time making some shit-teir aero out of cardboard. and 2x4s
>>
>>17377292
Have you looked at your cooling system? Do you know if it can climb a hill in the summer and not overheat? Because you may be climbing some mountains depending on your route.
>>
>>17377292
>extra oil
>extra coolant
>extra transmission fluid
>extra power steering fluid (if equipped)
>extra brake fluid
>extra gear oil
>full size spare, make sure it's aired up
>jacking tools and lug wrench
>12v DC phone charger
>gas can, empty if stored inside, full if stored in bed
>some kind of rations, Clif bars, ready to eat soup, etc
>zip ties
>first aid kit
>something to clean your windshield with

Check all your rubber hoses under the hood, especially the radiator hoses. Would suck to burst one. Change them before you go if they look like shit.
Check your suspension, change any worn out components like ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, steering system, etc before you go. If the boot is torn on the ball joints or tie rods, replace. Grease the fittings too, grease guns are $20 at Walmart. Lucas red n tacky is good.
>>
>>17377363
>I actually considered making shit tier aero so that i could maybe get better milage
>>
>>17377593
From nevada to texas
>>
>>17377628
thanks anon , I was actually thinking about changing the the gear oil in the diff since its probably decades old
>>
>>17377757

v8 or straight 6? GM was cheap and fit both with the same size radiator, and in super hot weather (like nevada to texas in the summer) the v8 is prone to overheating.
>>
Assuming you don't have any leaks or transmission issues, you're probably fine. The turd is going to suck gas like a motherfucker though.

Keep an eye on your temps, I guess. Coolant system issues can kill any car silently.
>>
>>17378272
You don't ever want to have to drive through the desert in June with your heater on full blast, just to keep the temp gauge below the red mark. It's not fun. Or have to climb hills with the temp gauge flirting with the red mark either. And there's nothing in the desert on I-40 between Flagstaff and Amarillo. Not even country music. Nothing. Except you and your car.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.