[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss the Ford Panther Platform here: Grand Marquis Crown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: vic in shop.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
vic in shop.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Discuss the Ford Panther Platform here:

Grand Marquis
Crown Vic
Town Car
Marauder (as if any of you poorfags own one)

My question to start off is what tires are best suited to this car? I have Michellin Defenders which are OK. They last a long time, but completely suck in the winter, so much that I had to buy snow tires, which transformed the car. When I go to buy new tires, what should I get?

On the plus side, the Michellin Defendes probably have 50% tread life left at least and I've got 40,000 miles on them. Running them as summer tires, I probably will never have to buy more. It is a 1999 Crown Vic in Michigan; it's not going to last forever. Does have very little rust though.

Also wondering what makes the suspension so robust ( hear so many panther owners brag about it)
>>
File: defender.jpg (41KB, 300x194px) Image search: [Google]
defender.jpg
41KB, 300x194px
Pic related is of the Defender tires referenced in the OP. They are about $100 a piece for my car. That puts them about in the middle of the tire spectrum. They are a step above the Michelin Symmetry tires that came on many Panthers from the factory, but below something nice or sporty like Michelin Pilots.
>>
>Marauder (as if any of you poorfags own one)
I think there's one anon who has a red one, or maybe it was grey, I dunno.

>implying I want to fuck with the 4v's shit instead of being happy with the slow 2v outliving the known universe
>>
>>17374587
I thought Marauders only came in black.
>>
File: 4%20colors[1].jpg (102KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
4%20colors[1].jpg
102KB, 800x533px
>>17374710
If I remember right, 2003 was black only, but 2004 had a couple other color options including silver and dark blue. Not sure if red was an OEM option at any point but I've seen it on a couple of them and repaints exist.
>>
File: ford modular.jpg (57KB, 375x386px) Image search: [Google]
ford modular.jpg
57KB, 375x386px
>>17374587
Are 4 valves really less robust than the 2 valve version?
>>
>>17375189
The motors are finicky to get running to spec and expensive to work on. The chain guide tensioners are prone to slack almost out of the factory which is *just* enough to put the timing off and make the motor run poorly enough that you'll be chasing the issue for months unless you know what it is. There's a LOT of differences between years and cars with the 4V engines, and the B and L head versions, you can't just swap stuff around like a Honda motor.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.