[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I hope this is the right board to post this on. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 005.80100557_std.jpg (49KB, 800x333px) Image search: [Google]
005.80100557_std.jpg
49KB, 800x333px
Hey guys, I hope this is the right board to post this on.

I'm replacing an instrument cluster in my vehicle, which I have never done, and I am curious if all the gauges and stuff reset automatically when it's put in.

It's a 2003 vehicle so it's not a new fancy cluster. I know the odometer will not be correct automatically because it's digital, but I really don't care about that. I just want to make sure that the arms of dials for the speedometer and all that will work properly.
>>
>>17372800
Yes it's plug and play. Have it programmed to the correct mileage.
>>
>>17372808
What if I'm ordering it from someplace that doesn't program them? It's not a huge deal that it doesn't work, but I am curious as to how I would get it set without going through a manufacturer.
>>
>>17372832
Dealers can do it
>>
>>17372800
You might have to fiddle with the needles a bit to make sure they're zeroed properly, but that's literally just moving them by hand so they're where they should be when power is supplied to the cluster. At least that's how it was when I replaced the stepper motors on the truck I used to have.
>>
Awesome. I dunno how many people replied, but thanks a lot! You've been very informative. Thanks again and have a good one guys.
>>
File: IMG_20170410_123640.jpg (459KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_123640.jpg
459KB, 2048x1536px
>>17372800
I did this on my ole 1998 corolla. Not only did everything work perfectly, but I figured out that the speedometer is a separate component and you can take it out of the gauge cluster box by undoing some screws. I just wanted the new one for the tachometer so I replaced the new speedometer/odometer with my old one. Hope it turns out as easily for you op.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.