[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been dishonest when selling your car? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1487795306517.jpg (21KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487795306517.jpg
21KB, 240x240px
Have you ever been dishonest when selling your car? How bad were your lies?
>>
>Oh yeah it's only had two owners.
It was previously a rental car.
Wasn't a lie, technically.
>>
>>17372556
>And the miles are genuine?
>Of course
>>
Never sold any of my cars yet, but the ad would look something like pic related
>>
File: 1487011876005.jpg (9KB, 213x232px) Image search: [Google]
1487011876005.jpg
9KB, 213x232px
>As you can see, the engine is in perfect shape
>Buyer doesn't even bother looking under and see that it's leaking oil
>>
Can't greentext cos phone
Selling JDM 2001 Subaru legacy GT-B wagon. Had cracked head but was legal and still drove but would overheat on the highway. Sold it in Facebook for $1500 (probably 50% market value) explicitly stating it was sold "as is where is, no come back, I don't ever want to hear from the buyer again after transaction is complete" but didn't mention anything about the head being cracked. I'm honestly not sure if I was being dishonest or not. Surely that statement is enough to warn any sensible person off that car.
>>
Met a guy who lived 200 miles away half way for him to inspect the car. Agreed on price, etc etc, he put a down payment for the car with the promise to take delivery within the week.

I pulled the rocker cover off to adjust the valve clearances and when I put it back on one of the studs twisted off. When I tried to unscrew the stud to put another one in, the head cracked.

So I put the rocker cover back on with some gasket glue on it, he didn't notice.
>>
I've owned and sold starions, s30z's and sa22 rx7's

I've told some lies. Some damnable, hellbound lies
>>
>>17372556
Why doesn't this guy upload. The lazy shit.
>>
I'm about to cover up some paint chipping with a cheap respray, some rust in the trunk with rust converter and a rattle can and fix a broken drivers lock, then detail the shit out of interior and hope that a prospective buyer doesn't notice the driveshaft problem while I mark up the car about 1.5-2k more than I bought it.
>>
i told a grill that the slow sloppy shifting trans was an 'old money' way of anti-hooning and it was therefore a feature of the car to avoid speeding

i told another indian guy or something that the knocking in the rear of the suspension totally wasn't bushes but it was, again, apart of the cars design to make you aware of where your rear of the car is when parking
>>
>>17374459

The best one is mixing dirt with PVA glue to form this hard "mud" barrier you can paint onto any catastrophic chassis or inner guard rust. I told my boss about doing this on a car I was selling and he stood me down for the rest of the day for being an "absolute crooked weasel cunt'
>>
>the meter stopped but it only has 90k miles.
I probably put 90k myself.
>>
>>17372556
Never told any direct lies but
>selling old jeep
>say it has low oil pressure
>guy obviously has no idea what that means
>he says "They all do that, right?"
>AMC V8s are known to have low idle oil pressure but this one had like 4-5psi hot idle and the beginnings of a rod knock on startup
Shoulda googled it guy, sorry.
>>
only sold one car
I didn't lie on anything
doesn't mean I told them stuff they didn't ask
[spoiler]the hand brake was so turbo fucked[/spoiler]
>>
My girlfriend busted the little knob on my old Nissan Cubes A/C that changes the vents
>go to dealership
>tells me it's atleast $500 to fix because she broke the goddamn cable so they have to go in from the front of the car just to replace the cable
>this would mean moving the motor and other huge items just to Fucking fix a little cable
>sell it to dealership for 1K more than I paid for it
>get V6 mustang with 28k miles
Pretty good day
>>
>>17374402
>Can't greentext on phone
Said who
>>
>>17372556
>vauxhall omega
>gearbox totally fucked
>won't rev past 3k
>won't shift past 3rd gear
>sell it to 'webuyanycar'
>paint is ok so no loss of cash for that
>guy sits in it, turns it on
>"yes this is fine"

that was 8 months ago, they never got back to me about the obvious problems the car had once you tried to drive it. i suspect they scrapped it for parts once they found out.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.