[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth sending oil sample to lab? I had a compression/Leakdown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: sensei.jpg (14KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
sensei.jpg
14KB, 214x317px
Is it worth sending oil sample to lab? I had a compression/Leakdown test done on my engine with great results. Anything else I can do to make sure my engine is healthy?
>>
not unless you have a car that has an engine known to shit itself, like an m3 v8, porsche 986/996 etc where finding metal shavings can save you
>>
>>17368811
Or an older engine designed for lead or oils with more zinc. Have an engine with a fuel pump on the block? Testing can tell if any fuel is leakin i to the oil. I got the kit but have not sent it in yet.
>>
>>17368768
It's good to have a history to check for changes in the engine. There's several testing labs of which Blackstone is one of them. Go to their website to get the sample container. Put the oil into their sample container. They already verified that container is legally mailable when properly packaged.
>>
I have done it. It really takes 2 or 3 samples for a definitive answer on how healthy the engine is. Make sure not to use any snake oils in the oil and use the same type of oil. Blackstone makes profiles for you and everything. They write out personal reports which is great.
>>
>>17368882
Not OP, but I was thinking of tests not to check the engine, but just to see what was in the oil before it was ever put into the engine.
>>
Does compression and Leakdown test say enough about engine's health?
>>
File: blackstone_labs_crownvic.png (76KB, 1588x980px) Image search: [Google]
blackstone_labs_crownvic.png
76KB, 1588x980px
>>17368882
>It really takes 2 or 3 samples
Like for this case....
>>
>>17368820
>Or an older engine designed for lead or oils with more zinc.
More zinc past a certain amount doesn't reduce the amount of metal leeching from cam surfaces. All that having more zinc does is displace having other useful additives instead.
>>
>>17372077
It's cool someone saved my lab tests lol. I don't have it anymore though.
>>
>>17370472
Having the oil tested can indicate metals from the engine, moisture or coolant in it.

>>17369678
You can do that. There's lots of people that have already done that and posted results on various forums though.
>>
>>17373894
>There's lots of people that have already done that and posted results on various forums though.
But their posts are old and thus invalid. What the manufacturers put into their synthetic oils can vary twice per year. The changes are not always for the better either because they treat the oil as a "money flow" source instead of a "product sales profit" source.
>>
>>17373881
Please post some new lab tests!
>>
>>17368768
>Is it worth sending oil sample to lab?
If you have bought a new car and it's 2.5 years old, you could get an oil sample check just to make sure there are no strange things like coolant leaks into the oil. If there is a time to fix that, it's while you still have your 3 year bumper to bumper magic warranty in force.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.