[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bosch fuel injection >idle has been high since I got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1492052834088.jpg (97KB, 1024x569px) Image search: [Google]
1492052834088.jpg
97KB, 1024x569px
>Bosch fuel injection

>idle has been high since I got the car
>cold start injector fuel line disconnected
>idle air control valve and module test good, unplugging valve results in significant idle change
>throttle position switch tests good
>throttle plate resting position tests in spec with feeler gauge
>cleaned everything, replaced all top end gaskets and seals, including cylinder head
>still wandering, high, slightly rough idle
>runs rich as fuck

Here's the kicker. If I disconnect the vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator and plug the hole with my thumb, the idle speed doesn't change at all. Does this mean that my fuel pressure regulator is toasted?

Thoughts?
>>
>>17368459
>>idle has been high since I got the car
Could be the throttle valve instead.

>cold start injector fuel line disconnected

Connect it again?

>disconnecting idle sensor results in worse idle

WOW WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT OF THAT

>still rough idle, runs rich

Holy shit what makes you think that connecting or disconnecting sensors and air lines will fix this? do an ECU tune and fix this crap for fucks sake. This has nothing to do with the injectors. This has to do with your inability to find the simplest solution
>>
>>17368530
>Could be the throttle valve instead.
The throttle body? I cleaned the living shit out of it. Mechanical throttle body, so there's no magic there.

>Connect it again?
The point is that it isn't the cold start injector that's stuck open making it run rich. Eliminating that as a cause.

>WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT OF THAT
It's not like I leave it disconnected. The fact that it gets worse when I disconnect it means that it's actually doing something while it is connected. Eliminating that as a cause.

>disconnecting sensors
I haven't disconnected any sensors. Nowhere did I say that I disconnected any sensors. I tested the throttle switch with a multimeter and it works.

>do an ECU tune
...what does that even mean? The car is from 1984. I've reset the ECU more than once by disconnecting the battery and letting it sit. If I have a mechanical failure somewhere, I can mess with the ECU all day and it won't fix shit.

>nothing to do with injectors
If my injector seals were leaking, that would mean a vacuum leak, which would have everything to do with this. If my injectors were stuck open, that would make it run rich, which has everything to do with this. The only other thing I haven't done is pull off the fuel rail and check for this.

>inability to find the simplest solution
Fuck me, right? Chill.
>>
>>17368622
>Mechanical throttle body, so there's no magic there.
Could be the idle control.

What regulats RPM is not the fuel injection, is the air entering the car. Bear that in mind.

>...what does that even mean? The car is from 1984. I've reset the ECU more than once by disconnecting the battery and letting it sit. If I have a mechanical failure somewhere, I can mess with the ECU all day and it won't fix shit.

So the ECU is reset and the same issue is still there? find out if the ECU reset also affects fuel injectors. If they do, you eliminate the cause.

Can you check the fuel pressure? maybe the fuel pump gone bad, or the fuel tank is rotten, or something wont let the fuel run at a good pressure.
>>
>>17368639
I've replaced the idle control computer, the relevant hoses, and the valve tests ok. Also cleaned the valve.

Even after resetting, the same thing still happens. I've done it more than once and sometimes it comes back worse.

Maybe the fuel filter is full of shit? Fuel filters are cheap and it's almost definitely due for one anyway.

I'm thinking that the fuel pressure regulator is stuck closed, and at idle the fuel pressure in the rail is way too high. Normally manifold vacuum would open the regulator and drop the pressure.

I guess I need to rent a fuel pressure gauge.
>>
>>17368672
Yeah its possible its just the fuel feeding instead of the computerized shit. Specially if its not been replaced after a while.

If its all stock is almost 100% sure that'.

Filter, tank, rotten fuel, pump, maybe lines, etc.
>>
>>17368459
What car/engine is this? Temp sensor can cause weird shit as air bubbles pass over the sensor.

>What regulats RPM is not the fuel injection, is the air entering the car. Bear that in mind.
metered air, torn intake tubing post ATM/MAF/MAP.

Without knowing what car it is, too much air can cause it to run rich as fuck if the ecu starts fucking with STFT.

You do have the correctly sized injectors in right? If the ECU can't meter the fuel it might cause your issues
>>
>>17368804
It's a BMW M20B27 in a 325e.

I forgot, I also put in a new intake boot.

As far as I know, the original injectors are still in. How do you measure fuel trims with OBD1?

I do have a complete fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator from an M20B25... I think the B27 uses a 2.5 bar regulator though, and the B25 uses a 3 bar regulator. Would it be bad if I just swapped them out to see what happens?
>>
>>17368530
>fuel system is acting weird
>reprogram the ECU to run leaner instead of just fixing the underlying cause
Fucking hell you're a retard
>>
>>17368842
Are you fucking stupid? This could be an overly lean mix. That shit is ECU controlled
>>
>>17368846
I've reset the ECU multiple times and the issue returns.

There is a mechanical issue. Your advice is not required.
>>
Also check for vacuum leaks.
>>
>>17368853
I am the one that told you to check the fuel filter and pumps ass. I was not telling you to check the ECU. I was telling him that the ECU COULD have been a problem.
>>
It's your MAF sensor.

Unplug your MAF sensor. Anything change?

If your idle air control is clean and good, maf is really the only thing left telling the engine what to do as far as fuel trim on a cold start.

That or long shot there's throttle close stop screw on the throttle body that's in too far and your throttle plate isn't seating all the way.

Ignore the fucks who don't know how to pet old shit. If they say "tune" then tell you to check your fuel pump for a rich idle, that's when you tell SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU MECHANICALLY ILLITERATE RETARD and you might learn something.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.