[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This issue has been bugging me for a week and I'm stumped.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5532.jpg (529KB, 1336x891px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5532.jpg
529KB, 1336x891px
This issue has been bugging me for a week and I'm stumped.

I have checked the voltage and ampage on the battery and it is good and I even replaced it. I have replaced the alternator through warranty for a new one even when the last one tested good and I have cleaned the battery terminals real good. I've checked all fuses and relays and they are good. Checked the starter wires and they are good and tight. SJB is dry as the desert and so is the carpet around it. All main chassis grounds were on tight.

What is happening is the computer seems to reset itself when any kind of electrical stuff is being used. Even when I open the doors and the window automatically comes down an inch or so. It doesn't start period now and no power appears to come on EXCEPT the slowly flashing anti theft light and the airbag light if I have the key in. Before, no power came on period. Everytime I try to crank the car with the key, it either does nothing at all or I hear that sound the instrument cluster makes when you reset the ECU.

Yesterday, it worked just fine. I drove it for a couple miles with no gremlins and started it up and off a dozen times. Then I park in the garage, close the doors and hit the lock on my key fod and bam, all power goes out. I try disconnecting my battery and instead of my alarm going off when I connect the negative terminal, it clicks nonstop as if it's trying to off but can't. Like as if it doesn't have enough power.

This all happened last friday when I was parked, driving home from work and out of nowhere the car's computer started resetting itself while the car was driving but the actual motor wasn't turning off. I made it just far enough home in my driveway then the car wouldn't turn back on again until tomorrow when I disconnected the battery and let it sit for a couple hours.
>>
The day after, the motor was turning off while the same symptoms were showing though. All dummy lights like ABS, TCS go on, gauges reset, radio resets, lights turn off and on and you get that braking feeling.

All in all, sometimes it works 100%, sometimes half the car works until I hit some electric stuff with or without the motor on and sometimes I get nothing.

Here is a video of what it is doing right now, and you can clearly hear the noises and computer clicking. One of the clicks is me constantly turning on the lights which causes the computer to reset ( or the use of any electrics it appears ).

How do I go on about finding the problem? I'd hate to take it to a mechanic and get charged an arm and a leg.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKq7wElRmm-LCoUVcrF0LZaozepPjX-RWmjpXCPfwgKGCY6_yikTHCb0l1xfbCAbX-zPZIL8bGzlYNXpr4shzBID8gwJzA&v=k3-gEowkc2Q
>>
>>17367579
Sounds like your going to need a new ECM, if it's still warranty they should replace they no problem. If not you're fucked! But if it happens after they fix it I'm sure they will buy it back.
>>
>>17367586
Whoa there cowboy, don't go manning the parts cannon so soon. Need to narrow down where the problem actually is. Something is causing the voltage to drop out to the ECM. You really need wiring diagrams, OP. Need to backprobe the power lines to the ECM and rule that out first. If power is cutting out due to a bad ground or a short then you need to track that down. If ECM is getting good power, then you can start looking at the ECM itself being bad. Get. A. Wiring. Diagram.

Do you live in a road salt state where corrosion is bad, OP?
>>
>>17367579
Take it to the dealer.
>>
>>17367768
Dude I don't know shit about electrics. I do mechanical work, I can barely read wiring diagrams.
>>
>>17368181
Now is a great time to learn. You don't need to know all the symbols and specifications, just how to read wire colors and follow the lines.
>>
>>17369521
Honestly, you can fix a modern car these days without a wiring diagram. Manning the parts cannon will only get you so far.
>>
Bump

Should I replace the entire battery power harness?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.