[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you downshift are you a single blipper or a double blipper?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: lolmaro.jpg (24KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
lolmaro.jpg
24KB, 640x425px
When you downshift are you a single blipper or a double blipper?

In the lower range I tap the throttle once, but if I'm doing some spirited driving I find it easier to hit my mark by doing two back to back throttle blips
>>
>>17367028
It depends. sometimes I can do it with one blip but I've noticed that when I shift into 3rd it's not responding right so I have to double blip
>>
16ss, leave Rev matching on always to help preserve clutch. 98ss, used to single blip
>>
double clutch heel toe triple blip
>>
I double. It skips 5th and puts it in fourth if I double tap it
>>
File: 1494966672008.png (321KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
1494966672008.png
321KB, 480x650px
I only double blip it when I skip gears.

If I go from 5th to 4th its a single blip, going from 5th to 3rd it'd be a double blip.

pic unrelated
>>
>>17367028
i just slow down and my car goes down a gear by itself.
>>
>>17367224
Well yes, but engine braking and being in the correct gear through a turn is better
>>
one blip at highway speeds
double blip at low speeds because racecar
I like to back up while gently blipping the throttle and slipping the clutch to control speed.

When I drove a Dart, the electronic throttle was so lazy that you HAD to double-blip it for literally everything.
>>
Three blip on up shifts master race
>>
Depends on the RPM range. When I have a difference like 3k+, I'll double blip.
>>
Whats a blip
>>
What the fuck are you guys talking about? I started driving manual last week.
>>
>>17367560
When you downshift, you generally want to try and match your revs to what the gear you're shifting in to will be while you have the clutch in.

So downshifting looks like clutch in, rev engine while clutch is in and shifting to lower gear, clutch out, and you don't feel a jerk from the engine suddenly catching up to the transmission.

Less wear on your drivetrain that way. And you won't chirp the wheels.
>>
wwhat the fuck is a double blip. you blip it once with the clutch in, and it doesn't get as high as you need it, so you quickly blip it again to get it where you need it before letting the clutch out?

if that's the case, then i only do that when i fucked up the first blip, which happens sometimes
>>
>jabbing the throttle like a cunt

Then you don't have throttle control
>>
>>17367607
not true. when my car isn't warm, the throttle response is shit so sometimes i have to double blip
>>
>>17367578
not the person you are replying to but i still dont know what a double blip is. i know single blip, learned it on 600cc sport bike without slipper clutch.

downshift with single blip is, clutch pedal in ---> hit throttle to bring up RPM to match while manipulating gearbox to lower gear --> clutch out. done correctly you wont stutter the rear end, which can be very dangerous on a bike.

but double blip? can someone inform me what this is?
>>
Yall are fucking idiots, you should NEVER be revving the engine with the clutch engaged.

Clutch in, take out of gear >rev in neutral >quickly clutch in and put in gear>perfect downshift every time

Only reason to rev with the clutch in is to do a fuckin burnout or drift
>>
>>17367737
On a commuter car with close gear ratios, double clutching isn't necessary. When you have lots of rotating mass, or wide gear ratios, or no synchros, then it becomes an issue.
>>
>>17367600

This.. and only this. Double blip is inefficient movement.
>>
>>17367613

So knowing this why don't you just open the throttle more or hold it in for longer?

Oh right. You are a n00b. Hence you have to double blip

Git gud
>>
File: 1494313418851.png (419KB, 720x971px) Image search: [Google]
1494313418851.png
419KB, 720x971px
ffs instead of mashing the pedal twice, why not just take the time to have your feet learn the actuation points?
>>17367737
how about
>clutch in>shift to lower gear>rev and clutch out at the same time in a way that the engine hits the correct rpm exactly when you reach the bite point

that way you reduce the time you are without engine braking therefore reducing brake wear over time and there is very minimal if not no slip

why make it more complicated? the clutch plate is gonna hit the end of the road way before the throwout bearing does anyway as long as you don't have the clutch in the entire time at every single stop
>>
Is it bad on the clutch/trans to be giving gas when releasing the clutch? I recently got a stick and whenever I try to rev match I unintentionally forget to let off completely on the accelerator.
>>
>>17367028
i just put my foot to the floor, and slowly let the clutch out, and slow down once im in gear
>>
File: youmad.gif (3MB, 178x120px) Image search: [Google]
youmad.gif
3MB, 178x120px
>hes falling for a "how to drive manual" argument
its a trap, there is no correct way to drive manual, and telling a wear item to not wear is like telling you not to be gay
>>
>>17368492
Yes riding the clutch will cause premature wear on the friction pads of the disc. The disc is going to have to match the engine speed and instead of immediately locking it slips and burns away material. This is why
>>17368158
is fucking stupid. If you are slipping your clutch on every single downshift that shit is gonna be fucked real quick. Double clutch rev matching will save your clutch and gear syncros.
>>
>>17367642
clutch pedal in> vroom vroom rather than just vroom
>>
>>17367028
Single blip of the wrist
>>
>>17367578
> this guy doesn't double clutch
>>
File: 1497042093324.png (676KB, 1000x815px) Image search: [Google]
1497042093324.png
676KB, 1000x815px
>>17368527
There is absolutely no need to double clutch if your car has syncros. If anything, it causes more wear than if you were shifting like a normal fucking person.
>>
>>17367737
What the fuck are you smoking, dude?
>>
>>17368681
ACKSHUALLY double clutching puts less wear on your synchros and marginally more wear on the clutch. Useful to preserve the synchromesh on an older car. I don't know why he would say it wears the clutch less.
>>
>>17368658
I double clutch and double blip
>>
Who /doesn'trevmatch/ here
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.