[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked up a bmw 128i 2008, anything I should watch out for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: $_35.jpg (13KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
13KB, 300x200px
Just picked up a bmw 128i 2008, anything I should watch out for? Live in Canada btw.
>>
Snow. Considering that it's NA, not much other than typical bimmer repairs. Enjoy the inline balance and power
>>
Yeah, got the wrong engine
>>
>>17366637
Bears. Plenty of then in Leafland.
>>
should i get a e46 as first car? hows this?
http://www.merrjep.al/Njoftimi/Shitet/Durr%C3%ABs/AUTOMJETE/Makina/BMW/Seri-3/320/Bmw-320CD--coupe-diesel-/4337453
>>
Yeah you should watch out for all the fags that are going to ask you out.

Can't really blame them though, it being such a gay car.
>>
>>17366774
nice projection
>>
>>17366779
all in good fun

I drive a wrangler, so go to town
>>
>>17366637
Keep up the maintenance checks, especially during the winter. These things are reliable (not sure about the electronics) but not durable.
>>
serious quesiton: why not get the more powerful 135i?
>>
Do not fall for BMW's jewish tricks. ie, do not go 14k miles inbetween oil changes.

Don't listen to the BMW shills telling you only to use OEM oil, either. You can whatever aftermarket oil that BMW recommends at the moment.

Try to minimize the number of short, frequent trips you do. The n52 engine develops a ticking sound in the head from poor oil circulation. If you get it, don't be alarmed, it's just a noise that BMW claims does no real damage. Double check your engine, yours might be have gotten the revised head and will be fine. Give your car a minute or 2 to warm up before you start driving to minimize the risk of this happening, and general engine health.

Learn how to replace spark plugs by yourself, you will be doing it more often than other cars.

Has the water pump been replaced yet? Those are known to fail.

Battery replacement is expensive. AFAIK, this is something you have to bite the bullet on and have done by a dealer or indy.

If the car currently has run-flat tires on them, ditch them immediately and get some proper tires on there. They are loud, ride like shit, and perform for jack shit. Do not listen to anyone that tells you that "It's a BMW, it came with RFTs from the factory, it has to have RFT's". Yes, I've had this argument with a tech (I think it was Firestone) that refused to put the tires I wanted on my car.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. Enjoy your car, and drive the piss out of her. Our engines love to be revved and wrung out. You won't be saving yourself any maintenance costs by driving like a grandma!

>Source: owned a 3 series for the last 4 years
>>
>>17367166
Thanks that's good info yo. The water pump was replaced by the dealership.
>>
>>17367052
This was sold at a good price within what I could afford.
>>
Get good snow tires. You'll need them since it doesn't have an LSD.

Cool car otherwise. Always one that I consider when I start car searching. Everyone wants the 135i so the 128i can be had at a good price and still has enough power to get in trouble with.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.