[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok ok, so lets say you saw an AE86 SRD hatch on craigslist for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (9KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 293x172px
Ok ok, so lets say you saw an AE86 SRD hatch on craigslist for $2200
>1986
>ad says minimal rust
>4afe motor but comes with 4age with all the parts required for a swap
>autotragic
>also comes with 7afe
would you get it and swap the engine and swap in a manual?
I really want to, problem is I'm currently a student and live near school during most of the year and with my parents for the summer and that's the only time I have a garage. I have the money and I bet I could just store it at my parents house until a graduate in a couple years.
>>
>>17361489
But why?
>>
I would buy it, pull the engine, clean all the engine bay, trans tunnel, and any subframe related stuff while looking for a manual trans. install trans and engine together with new clutch.
>>
>>17361489
Do it, drive it as-is, do little stuff on it in the meantime and swap it later.
>>
>>17361501
what do you mean?
>>17361510
the ad says it runs really rough on the current engine.
>>
>>17361524
So it runs then. Do a little work on the current engine. It might only need some adjustment or a sensor or whatever. Hell, even cleaning might perform miracles. Who knows? If nothing else, taking the tired old engine apart will teach you a thing or two. Rebuilding doesn't have to be expensive and is a good learning experience. It wouldn't be money wasted even if it didn't work out. You have a spare engine and, really, you wouldn't want your first try to be on that nice 4age, would you?

There's ways to check the health of an engine if the owner lets you before buying, like measuring compression and such. Do some research. You want this, don't you? For this price, you're gonna have to work for it, that includes doing your homework. Google doesn't sleep and neither should you.

Good luck and hoon safely if you get it going. No, *when* you get it going.
>>
>>17361841
Do you think it's worth it? I'd have to store it at my parents during the year and I don't think they'll understand
>>
>>17361841
Also, you'd recommend a manual swap I'd assume?
>>
>>17362008
obviously it would be a long way down the road
>>
Don't do it anon. Seriously, it's going to be a waste of money.

Not only is it a 31 year old automatic car that runs like shit, it's also nothing special. It's literally a Toyota Corolla. And you said it yourself, you're a student who already lives next to his school and won't be making proper use of it for a few years.

Wait until you've graduated, wait until you've got enough money to either buy one in good condition or one in not-so-good condition that can be fixed up with the money you've got saved up.

If you're adamant on buying a car, get something young and reliable. Not a 31 year old Corolla.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.