[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/, help an electrically challenged anon: how would you wire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: received_10211678006457531.png (37KB, 1369x1231px) Image search: [Google]
received_10211678006457531.png
37KB, 1369x1231px
/o/, help an electrically challenged anon: how would you wire up a horn button that bypasses the clock spring in the steering assembly? Can it be done by simply wiring in a momentary switch directly to the clock spring wires? One side to ground, one side to the junction box?
>>
>>17360327
What are you trying to accomplish exactly?
Do you have any clue what the clock spring even does?
>>
>>17360387
I need to bypass the OEM steering assembly and utilize a horn button. The Clock Spring acts as the turn signal reset and as far as I know, acts as the conduit for the horn circuit. Like I said, I'm no electrical wiring expert by any measure and I turn wrenches when I can, but I've never done anything involving wiring, relays, the junction, etc. Before you go on an Aspergers tirade, any other ideas are appreciated.
>>
>>17360406
1. Look up alarm installs for your make model (thanks for providing that bythe way, makes it super easy to help you you fucking cunt)
2. determine if your horn is negative or positive switched
3. tap horn wire from #1 to momentary NO interrupt switch (a button you mong)
4. attach other end to either ground (-) or 12v (+) source based on #2

You've now bypassed the clock spring which has nothing to do with the turn signals and have a horribly inconvenient button to place in a less convenient location than the OEM steering wheel. as a bonus you didn't completely fucktard your steering wheel or chop up your wiring like the retarded celery stalk you are.

congratulations. ask your mom for a cookie.
>>
>>17360626
My car's horn button is a ground side switch, thanks you fucking asscake. Got a button on the way and wiring. Helped clear this up, looks like the button is completing the horn circuit by sending a ground signal to the junction, completing the circuit. Understandable, good info retard.
>>
File: 1487596579890.jpg (99KB, 1288x297px) Image search: [Google]
1487596579890.jpg
99KB, 1288x297px
w-what

It's like you help but are assholes at the same time. is this even /o/
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.