[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been looking for something fun to drive on the weekend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 10065848_20071012012301.jpg (43KB, 525x394px) Image search: [Google]
10065848_20071012012301.jpg
43KB, 525x394px
I've been looking for something fun to drive on the weekend that's fairly cheap. Was originally gonna be looking for a Miata, but they're all way north of a price I wanna pay. Not really a fan of convertibles anyway.

How's this for a cheap car? Isn't it basically an MX-6? There's a 93 Probe GT near me for 1650 with 88k on it with a 5 speed. I live in the northeast and it's stunning this thing has absolutely NOT rust on it that I can find.
>>
pr/o/betalk here, i'll give you the skinny.

93 Probe GT

Bad:

>The dashboards always crack on them
>Good luck finding parts in a boneyard they are getting hard to find
>KL V6 makes a great noise but will drop valves with repeated fuel-cut abuse
>5-speed Mazda G25M-R transmission is made of glass
>window bushings will wear out in the tracks and not seal properly after a while
>it's totaled if you get it in a fender bender

Good

>V6 is non-interference and has gobs of bottom end torque and does well in mid and top end
>aftermarket isn't comeplete shit
>V6 sounds like a grand prix car on open headers, a Borla or Greddy
>handles like its on rails and the 93 has the best suspension for that, but you will require spine surgery if you hit a cockroach
>timeless styling
>can cross-pollinate with several different cars
>KLZE swap gives you 200hp and a better top end

I've had 2 2nd gens they are nice cars. The 4cyl is a good daily too and they are good on fuel. The V6 drinks a bit but it's fun to drive
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.