[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Cadillac and Lincoln so desired in China by young people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Top-10-Luxury-Brand-in-China.jpg (77KB, 641x624px) Image search: [Google]
Top-10-Luxury-Brand-in-China.jpg
77KB, 641x624px
Why is Cadillac and Lincoln so desired in China by young people yet virtually unknown by the same age group in the US?

for example Cadillac average China buyer age:30
Average US buyer age: 60+
>>
>>17351960
because chines want to be America, but they will always be a second rate knockoff
>>
>>17351960
Becouse cadillac and lincoln are iconic and inovative car companies with great products even today, they are just not yet brainwashed with german marketing scam like we are in europe and we can also see the same affect with americans(average cadillac owner is 60 years old and younger generation would even settle with vw just becouse its foreign and german)
Oh yeah we also have a lot of stupid weaboos, busriders and benchracers in europe so every new car company receives a bad image immediately
>>
>>17351960
>Why is Cadillac and Lincoln so desired in China by young people yet virtually unknown by the same age group in the US?
Because niggers don't rap about Caddis and Lincolns anymore
>>
Because most people don't care about a fancy 4 doors Camaro.
>>
Because chinese people are fucking retards and they ruin everything.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>17352251
>americans calling chinese people stupid
pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>17351960
>Cadillac and Lincoln
>Cadillac #1
>Lincoln not on list
Lincolnshill pls go.
>>
File: 1470721877822.jpg (22KB, 240x180px)
1470721877822.jpg
22KB, 240x180px
>>17351960
>Ford's market research discovered a few years ago that Chinese customers rank the prestige of the Lincoln brand higher than Audi's -- and rank its quality on par with Toyota's Lexus.
And this is all before Ford even sold lincolns in China.
>>
File: 1469648302649.png (864KB, 769x592px)
1469648302649.png
864KB, 769x592px
>spend decades as the two manufacturers of choice for the AARP set
>do nothing to combat said image while simultaneously shitting out crappy cars
>at the same time, BMW and Mercedes focus their marketing on the 20-40 year old demographic, and make "cool", quality vehicles to back it up
>the aforementioned AARP set begins to die off or stop driving
>"Oh shit, our entire customer base is gone."
>now playing catch-up, but finding it extremely difficult even with some decent models on the market like the V-series, MKC, and Continental

Really makes you think.
>>
>>17352291
Its the Kennedy assassination man. gave me a boner for Lincolns too.
>>
Chinese aren't into sporty driving. The dream car in most of Asia is a big imposing luxury sedan in black/white/silver.

What's a bit weird though is that modern Cadillacs are pretty sporty and without the elegant styling of old, but I suppose it's the idea of a Cadillac they like, not what modern Cadillacs are.

Lincoln seems more up there alley with the 'quiet elegance' thing they're finally nailing down.
>>
>>17351960
Ask the Chinese. They also like the movie Pixels too. One could say they have unique tastes?
>>
>>17352316
Except that wasn't what happened. Lincoln was ignored by management for over a decade in favor of the Premier Auto Group. Lincoln was supposed to wither away in favor of Jaguar but that plan collapsed in the recession when Ford had to sell off everything just to stay afloat. This meant that by 2010 Lincoln had no product that wasn't a literal rebadge of a Ford and it wasn't until 2012 or so that Ford decided to go ahead and spend money to revive Lincoln because Mulally didn't like Lincoln. No telling where Lincoln (and Ford for that matter) would be if management had paid attention to what they had and focused on product instead of trying to buy vulnerable manufacturers all through the 90's when they thought there was money to blow.
>>
>>17351960
Better question is
Why does everyone there like Buicks?
>>
>>17353096

Buick, Cadillac, and Lincoln are all synonymous with American opulence and excess back in the day - giant fuck land yachts that take up as much space as humanly possible.

This is exactly the thing that aspiring Chinese want - especially since they're probably a bit more affordable than your typical German boat.

To keep things in perspective, cars in China LITERALLY costs 3x what they do here. A Porsche Cayenne is like $270,000. I knew this chick whose father was some kind of manufacturing baron - when she told him that she could buy the same car he had for $90k he wouldn't believe it and said she was full of shit.

Now if you're NOT a fucking oligarch and you can't drop $300,000 on a vehicle and you have *merely* $90-125k to spend, then a Buick with all the same features, leather, with a similar size starts to look pretty appealing even if it doesn't have the same cachet. It's also comfy, has good power, and is still waaay fucking better than the $20-30k death traps made by home grown companies cranking out cars based on Japanese/American/German automotive technology from the 80's.

Lexus is also fucking Japanese, so that's already a problem. I'll bet that managers at Toyota were banging their heads against the wall when PM Abe kept riling up the Chinese.
>>
>>17353186
>Lexus is also fucking Japanese
I don't think being japanese (car) is a problem. When I visited the country, there were plenty of Infinities and Lexuses there, though they were less common than the Buicks
Out of all the non domestic cars that regular people owned, lots of them were Hondas, Toyotas, and Mitsubishis.
>>
The Chinese have a very old fashioned lookout on cars. They really like car designs which have edges instead of curves. They also like big cars which are luxurious. There is also this retarded "wanna be American" trend going on in China, where anything remotely American made is baka worshiped.
>>
>>17352140
they still rap about escalades
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.