[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am an idiot and probably ran my power steering pump dry after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ABBrTZ3.png (126KB, 416x355px) Image search: [Google]
ABBrTZ3.png
126KB, 416x355px
I am an idiot and probably ran my power steering pump dry after a flush. PS is basically completely gone. Anything I can do myself without replacing it? I got the whole weekend. 2000 Subaru Outback
>>
>>17350377
>i ruined the power steering pump
>how can i get power steering without replacing the pump
>>
>>17350390

I've heard of people disassembling the pump and finding jams and shit. Thinking of running a conditioner through it before I go for a whole new pump as the pulleys are still spinning fine but I'm likely fucked.
>>
>>17350377
I've run p/s pumps dry for literally weeks back when I was a poorfag and they worked just fine after. You've got air in the system faggot. Purge that shit!
>>
>>17350489
Any tips on how? I am about to loosen the alternator and get the belt off so I can turn the pulley and maybe belch some air out. What happened was I am a retard and disconnect the input line rather than the return line when I drained the reservoir.
>>
>>17350555

The most common way I've seen people get air out of the system is to fill it up, leave the cap off, run your car, turn the wheel lock-to-lock repeatedly until you no longer see air bubbles appearing in your fluid.
>>
>>17350555
Just fill it up and crank the steering back and forth. Drive it around in figure 8s and get your arm workout.
>>
>>17350570
>>17350573
Yeah that's my issue, I did this with the engine off, engine on (car lifted), had no issues and it looked like bubbles were coming up (solo job so I had to look under the hood and try to watch the levels as i turned the wheel from the outside).

And then, I dropped the car, started the engine, and....no power steering. The car had some intermittent PS issues before so I'm afraid it could be blown or something. I drove around for a good 15-20 miles without the power steering and it's not working any better.
>>
>>17350377
rebuild the pump with a reseal kit and some elbow grease
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.