[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

afaik left foot braking began to be super important in wrc when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: left_foot_braking_illustration.gif (5KB, 254x246px) Image search: [Google]
left_foot_braking_illustration.gif
5KB, 254x246px
afaik left foot braking began to be super important in wrc when 4wds dominated the rally because something something. No one ever explains exactly why, every video is about my left foot being more used to slam the clutch blah blah weight transfer and they never explain exactly what purpose it serves. Anyone care to explain it in simple words?

I've tried it in rally vidya and haven't seen any advantage, only understeer - i fail to see how that could become "essential" technique for group b wrc masters. Does LFB even helps to take corner somehow, or is it just "it's faster than moving your right foot"?
>>
its so you can decellerate the car momentarily to get more weight over the front wheels to reduce understeer and quickly get back on the power
>>
>>17349515
it offers some benefits:
>weight over front wheels when it understeers in midengined car (can't let go of throttle or muh snep)
>being able to shave some tenths of seconds of each corner by not having to transfer pedals
It's about as useful to know as rev matching.
>>
>>17349515
Because the clutch could be operated by a squeeze handle on the sequential shifter.
>>
>>17349530
was also used in the IMSA GTO quattro to keep the turbo spinning while entering a corner
>>
>>17349763
Came here to say this. Cuts down on lag for exit acceleration
>>
Did a rally school for a day. LFB is all about weight transfer, we specifically used it on corner entry to steer the car. When combined with throttle lift off, it makes those front tires really bite into the ground and effects a quick change of direction. If you simply turn the wheel at high speed on loose surfaces you will just understeer.
>>
>>17350149
Also, I guess the point of using the left foot is that you can get back on throttle instantly to maintain your line.
>>
>>17350149
that makes sense, haven't tried this one. I tried to use left foot mid-corner and i was just getting all understeer-y, i'll try to use it in a way you described soon.
>>
>>17350171
Ya. Also something to note, when rallying you're constantly sliding, so if we used LFB midcorner, it would help steer the car for reasons already mentioned, because all 4 wheels were sliding. If you do it while you're still under the limits of grip, you'll probably just get more understeer because you'll overwhelm the fronts before the rears lose traction. Most of the braking load is on the fronts anyways. The first technique I described is related to trail braking, and that definitely has tarmac/real world application.
>>
FYI
Many Police departments (California highway patrol is one) teach lfb even when they drove nothing but rwd crown vics and fox body's.
Its more than just controlling an awd. Its superior for controlling every layout.
>>
>>17349515
I think it's pretty clear at least one of these pedals needs to be penis operated
>>
>>17350816
so, ABS is basically vibration system for your middle-pedal-operating organ?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.