[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice thread, I guess. So many months ago (September or October)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: missing_vehicle.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
missing_vehicle.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
Advice thread, I guess.

So many months ago (September or October) I left my shitbox at a filling station. It had either a bad starter or bad alternator but I left it there because the damn gas float was stuck and I was unaware I was out of gas. 15 Minutes from home and without my wallet for some stupid reason I decided to just Uber it and come back in the morning. The morning came about three days later and to my surprise my exceptionally shitty shitbox wasn't there. I'm not really the worrying type so I assumed it had been towed and decided to just wait for the invoice.

It's much, much later now and I haven't heard a thing. I looked into most if not all of the local towing companies a few months ago and couldn't find anything.

Of course now it's time to have the plates renewed and I don't have the old plates, much less the vehicle. The only way to stop my license from being suspended is to bring a police report to the DMV.

So, uh, can I get in trouble for this seeing as how it's been a disgusting amount of time since the vehicle disappeared? I feel like if it's actually been towed it'll be okay but it seems to me like it's been stolen and I should've probably reported it a long, LONG time ago. On a scale of 1-11 how fucked am I?
>>
You can to a police report anytime you want. It's free and takes 5 minutes.
>>
You get your license suspended if you don't renew your plates? wtf?
>>
>>17349058
I know, but what kind of repercussions are there for my legendary level of stupidity? Seems to me like they'd be kind of irritated at my unbelievable tardiness

>>17349058
Right?? It's not the renewing so much as the fact I dropped it from the insurance like a month after it disappeared and you're supposed to turn in your tags then, apparently.
>>
>>17349051
Why didn't you report it stolen?
>>
>>17349051
>So, uh, can I get in trouble for this seeing as how it's been a disgusting amount of time since the vehicle disappeared?

I assume you left your car at a Martian gas station since you didn't say it was at a specific european station, usa station, or a specific usa state. So it might as well be Mars.

When you treat property so casually, don't be surprised that bad things happen. Now, different usa states have different laws regarding abandoned property. A gas station probably doesn't like cars abandoned on premises, so they made use of the towing company listed on the sign posted on the premises. You apparently didn't look at that sign because you said you asked some of the towing companies. Again, you didn't say how you asked, so no one has an idea if you were brushed off or not. But if you ask carelessly or diffidently, then they may respond to you in the same way just to make you go away.

Some states allow impound yards as well as private tow companies to auction abandoned property after 28 days. Since there is a big impound fee plus the tow charges plus the late fees, that will be subtracted from the auction price. Each day in impound (28 days plus the days up to the auction) has another charge too. Then the sales taxes for those charges is deducted. The auctioneer deducts their percentage. And if greedy, the auction can be semi-rigged because some people know it is an abandoned car, so the bidders may make private deals with each other not to bid the cars up. Thus, each of them gets most of the cars they want at the minimum bid price.

Or the car could have been stolen off the gas station property once it was moved to the side. Someone could just anonymously tow it off.
>>
>>17349051
>I looked into most if not all of the local towing companies a few months ago and couldn't find anything.

You didn't care enough to even check with all of them before giving up. I guess you aren't the worrying type.

The gas station should have told you the company they use for tows. But you didn't ask them.
>>
>>17349051
>So many months ago (September or October)
It must have been auctioned off by now to pay off the tow and storage fees. If the auction price had a profit, it would go to you but they don't know who to give it to as they didn't bother looking it up.
>>
I have a 2004 Cooper. It has a Hardon Kardon system inside from the factory which we think is pretty rare. Me and my brother were trying to install a new head unit yesterday but ran into a snag. Once it was all connected up, we had no sound. Turns out the HK system already in the car requires a bonus cable to supply the amp from the head unit which no adapters exist for --- besides from one costing £64 (fucking jews).

Any work arounds here or similar experiences from other cars? What did you do?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.