[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post cars you think would work well as police cars >Subaru

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

ITT: Post cars you think would work well as police cars

>Subaru WRX STI
>Cheap (ish) to buy
>Quicker than standard police cars in same price bracket
>>
>>17345915
any kind of truck that can run over illegal immigrant and muslim
>>
>>17345915
>United states government orders japanese cars

politics, m80. plus theres a good amount of cops that look down upon foreign, non american autos.
>>
>>17345915
But police cars need to be actually reliable
>>
>>17345928
Just one each?
>>
>>17345915
The Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. They should roll with that forever and just keep making them better and better in ways that are cross compatible across years.
>>
>>17345929
You are only half right. Fleet vehicles just need to survive the abuse. If they guy buying them thinks jap stuff will do the job better he will buy it.
>>
File: Jay-Leno-Decopod.jpg (54KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Jay-Leno-Decopod.jpg
54KB, 800x450px
Randy Grubb's Decopods
>>
>>
the ford interceptor if it were ever made
a nissan armada as a heavy car, but it's not american
>>
a golf r would make excellent highway interceptors
>>
>>17345978
>nissan armada
good suggestion but the things so slow
>>
>>17345943
In theory yes, but in practice most police drive national cars.
German police exclusively drive BMW, Audi and VW. The most common Germany police car is the VW Passat.

Likewise "Until recently, all Italian police forces were equipped with Italian-made police cars, with FIAT and Alfa Romeos most common. "
The Italian police also drives 2 Lamborghinis

In France, the vast majority of vehicles are French (mainly Renault, Citroen and Peugeot)

etc....
>>
>>17345997
>Live in huehue
>cop cars are VW(Gol) and GM (Corsa and Celta) shitboxes with the occasional Hilux and Corola for highway patrol

Any one can over run the law here
>>
For some time the French Gendarmerie used WRX STI as highway patrols. They recently changed them to Megane RS though..
>>
>>17345997
The local PD of Asheville, NC has at least one undercover Subaru WRX STI, and several of the officers drive them as personal cars.

t. APD officer was my neighbor for two years until he got himself arrested for domestic violence.
>>
>>17345915
I miss when cop cars were unique. Now I get nervous any time I see a focus or explorer.
>>
>>17346058
Damn, ever get nervous smoking weed in the house? I've never had a cop as a neighbor, seems not fun.
>>
>>17346090
Most cops would not rat out a friend for smoking weed in private
>>
>>17346058
>Asheville, NC
I'm jealous of your proximity to Deal's Gap, TotD, etc.
>>
>>17346090
Nah, he was cool.
APD's too busy trying to stop people doing heroin and meth. I'm sure they'd rather everyone just smoked weed.

>>17346252
Plenty of nice local mountain passes too. Even the city roads are fun.
But the traffic is awful, and there's always tourists and Floridians about.
>>
>>17346090
>Weed-smoking degenerate assumes that everyone smokes weed and can't imagine that not being the case.
People like you are why large numbers of people are still against legalization of mj.
>>
>>17345915
Up until now we've been putting them in Falcons and Commodores. Boaty family sedans with straight-6 turbo and V8 top trims. Those are getting phased out in the years to come with no replacements on the table.

Regular coppers will probably end up with Aurions, or the abomination they're replacing the Commodore with. HWP can fuck themselves. With any luck we'll stick the cunts in a fleet of 4cyl Hyundais because they're not supposed to engage in pursuits anymore in the first place.
>>
Lotus Evora

>cheap
>fast
>British engineering

What's not to love?
>>
File: Rhodes Oppenheimer.jpg (450KB, 1816x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Rhodes Oppenheimer.jpg
450KB, 1816x1188px
>>17346736

The British engineering, that's what.
>>
>>17346736
lightweight and easily crushed, not suited for any sort of chase or abuse
>>
Honestly I think it's more important for police cars to be fuel efficient than fast. They don't often get in chases anyway.
>>
>>17346660
Nah, I'm just familiar with Asheville and made an assumption.
>>
>>17345997
Jesus I wonder how the brits manage then? Their cost of operation must be insane
>>
>Faster than a toybaru
>Heavy so it can throw around its weight
> is literally a cage away from a prisoner van or a gun rack from a swat van.
>>
>>17346660

>thinking legalizing a drug that drowns your brain in serotonin with a society that's largely depressed and unmotivated will unironically help

Legalization of weed is the death sentence to a state. Fuck off, hippie.
>>
>>17346875
oh my god you fucking tool, what about caffeine and nicotine and alcohol? People should have the freedom to put whatever they want in their bodies so long as they don't infringe on someone else's rights.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1140x760px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1140x760px
MX-5 Is Always The Answer.
>>
UK police use STI's as interceptors. Some counties have Evo 10's as well tho they are more for show.

Also the po-po get special pricing on cars. They're also allegedly modified for them but that's a lot of hearsay and never confirmed, IE the police deny it but people have bought ex police cars and found wierd suspension setups etc.
>>
>>17346859
It's mostly BMW 5 series for traffic cops and shitty 1.6 diesel Astras for patrol cars here m8
>>
File: 1488661255089_0.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488661255089_0.gif
899KB, 600x600px
>>17346875
Nigger what
Damn that really made me think.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.