[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /o/, suggestion time. I have a stock 2013 BRZ with 50k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1485391977440.jpg (3MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1485391977440.jpg
3MB, 1920x1280px
Alright /o/, suggestion time.

I have a stock 2013 BRZ with 50k ish miles, it's a fun car, but I find that I'm getting tired of it.
>SLOWER THAN STACY'S MINIVAN
Mods for this car still seem like they're still way too expensive, and even then it feels like slapping parts on it won't do a whole lot unless you drop 5+ k into it, and even then, it's still just too fat and slow for a coupe.
>Back seat is unusable
>Trunk is dumb
>Oh god this dumb 6 speed
>Car is magnet for meme kids

I take a motorbike to work on an almost daily basis in warmer months and have access to an 04 civic sedan if I actually need to move people or if it rains or some dumb shit.

Questions:
What would you buy this car for approximately?
What would you buy in it's place for a fun winter-daily/weekend touge machine/Possible autocross that can be faster than a minivan with some simple mods?
What mods should I do to said car to make it loud, annoying, and fun?

>Burgerland in snow / salt belt
>Competent at wrenching

Looking at
>S2000
>NA or NB Miata

Budget
>6-9k Burgercoins
>>
>>17337234
>2+2
>complaining about back seats
And what's up with the six speed that you don't like?
>>
>>17337234
please sell your brz to someone who deserves it before you fuck it up with shitty mods. daily drive and mod your civic.
>>
>>17337234
>selling brz
>for an s2000 which is basically the same shit but without such a tiny engine
>>
>>17337267
S2000 has 40 more hp at best, is all yop end even more than the brz. and way less storage.
>>
>>17337277
ya OP. This is a fucking dumb idea.

Just make some small changes to your engine. You'd be amazed at how much power you can get out of it when you take out stupid EPA shit and optimize performance over mileage/emissions
>>
>>17337291
Tbf it'll really lose fuel economy with a tune to flatten the curve.
>>
>>17337295
It's a tiny fucking car, it can't lose that much.
I think it's mostly about the emissions really in which case...who gives a shit.
Al Gore and the rest of those cocksuckers fly private jets...have a little fun
>>
>>17337301
The gearing kills the fuel economy. It's got 4.10s in the rear and 5th and 6th arent ultra overdrive gears. Plus it's high compression and dumping fuel in there to squeeze as much power N/A out of the car as possible within mpg and emissions requirements. But yeah, a header and an exhaust system plus an ecutek stage 2 tune seem to wake it up, and you get the Subaru burble.
>>
>>17337251
Yeah, I know. I don't need them, they're just there, being useless.
Gearing on it is dumb.

>>17337259
>"Shitty Mods"
>Suggests modding a 4 door shitbox with 300k miles Go away, you're not helping poorfag.

>>17337267
>>17337277
Need those HP's, storage capacity isn't an issue, hiding bodies of children takes up a lot less room.
Doesn't really need to be something that's "more powerful" I just want something more fun.

Thank you for the suggestions so far.
>>
>>17337316
Also yes, I hate this. The car doesn't have what should be a real overdrive gear.
>>
>>17337234
>SLOWER THAN STACY'S MINIVAN

Stacey did an LS swap.
>>
>>17337234
get a miata you can work on and take to the track here and their, a roll cage will run you like 500 bucks or so eventually, just have fun. almost everyone at the track is a miata spec driver lol.
>>
>>17337234
>>S2000
>>NA or NB Miata

Both slower than a car you are complaining about.
>>
>>17337335
>I just want something more fun.
Well you are fucked then, there is a reason the GT86/BRZ keeps winning awards in the drivers car categories.
>>
>>17339167
you can turbo a Miata and get more power than a GT86 for less money, and it's still a better sorted car from the factory.

Miatas are also significantly more reliable and the aftermarket is cheap as fuck.
>>
Car needs torque, solution: supercharger

torque makes shitboxes feel fun
>>
>>17337234
I'd just be grateful the head gaskets are still good on it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.