[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

??? (please dont argue about how this will never happen, 4 cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 123.png (210KB, 457x399px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
210KB, 457x399px
???

(please dont argue about how this will never happen, 4 cars cant come and stop at the exact same time etc.)
>>
>>17336190
N + P Go their merry way, B waits until N and P are out of the way, and D waits until P is out of the way.
>>
>>17336219
whats your reasoning? youre wrong btw at least according to the textbook solution

anyone else want to pitch in?
>>
>>17336190
is this just a 4 way stop with 2 angled roads?
>>
>>17336219
this
>>
>>17336232
That's assuming N and P are on the main road. Sometimes those stupid books pretend the auxiliary roads are the ones that go straight on.
>>
>>17336247
Reasoning is cars going straight on always have right of way over cars turning into their lanes.
B is crossing both lanes, so needs to ensure both lanes are clear, D is turning with the flow of traffic, and only needs to make sure the coast is clear and they aren't cutting off cars that have right of way.
>>
>>17336190
P and N have right of way anywhere except France.
>>
>>17336247
There is no such thing as a main road when all four parts of the junction have a stop sign.
>>
>>17336190
D is coming from the right so has priority over P. N doesn't change direction so he has priority. P is to the right of B so B has to wait last.

So N and D go first, then P then B.
>>
>>17336265
theres no signs or any indications these roads arent of the same importance

theyre all "main roads" if thats what you want to call them
>>
It's right before left, so D can just go his merry way since he's not crossing N's path, and then everyone else follows clockwise.

D - P - B - N
>>
>>17336280
>P and N have right of way anywhere except in civilized countries

Most countries have a priority from the right rule not just France.
>>
The right of way exists in this order:

>P
>B
>N
>D

Cars going straight go first followed by ones turning right, and you give way to the vehicle on your right if you both are turning/going straight the same way.
>>
>>17336190
DPBN
>europe here
>>
>>17336296
where are you from anon?
>>
>>17336283
Should have specified all are stop signs.

In that case, D and N are free to move on, as B has to wait for P, and doesn't have right of way over N for this reason.

I'm a LHD driver though, so I may have it backwards with burger driving.
>>
>>17336190
D-P-B-N
RINGRAZIA REGAZZÌ
>>
>>17336304
So,
D, N, P, B is my final answer for $100

>plebs itt don't know right of way
>>
>>17336296
>Cars going straight go first
P and B proceed to crash into each other.
>>
File: 20170607_211720.jpg (197KB, 912x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_211720.jpg
197KB, 912x1632px
>>17336304
thats not me (OP)
theres no signs, its an unregulated intersection

this is the first correct answer >>17336291
>>
>>17336330
Backwards-ass cuntry, m8
>>
>>17336339
Priority from the right is arguably the most sensible method because it provides a fail-proof procedure for all cases except four cars going straight. Enjoy your "whoever arrives first goes first" wild west roads.
>>
>>17336330
only sane solution

>going straight has right of way
clusterfuck of lawsuits over the use of indicators
>>
>>17336330
That doesn't make any sense, D has a person to his right, too.

People going straight always have priority over people turning because they're not turning onto another road, they're just continuing on the road they're already on, which means P has the right of way because it's the furthest to the right of the cars going straight.
>>
>>17336354
N being last doesn't make sense, because they aren't turning into peoples lanes and crossing traffic.

I'll agree yielding to the right is sensible, but yielding for the sake of yielding is retarded, you end up with people waving at each other to go forward and nobody wanting to take responsibility if they t-bone someone else. Clear cut rules like "people not turning from their lanes" have right of way prevent moments of everyone coming to a complete stop and not knowing who has right of way in a situation like this.

Then again, it is a sign of poor planning and road infrastructure if there are no considerations for terminal roads and markings.
>>
>>17336283
>There is no such thing as a main road when all four parts of the junction have a stop sign.

This is exactly why the roundabout was invented. In that case, there's an easy order has right of way.
> But what if all entry roads arrive at the same time
Rudest person first. You all stop, and the first person to pick up any meaningful speed has right of way first. Then the rest can clear itself by giving way to the appropriate direction.
>>
>>17336382
>crossing traffic
They are crossing with B.
>>
https://youtu.be/emaxtEDtUPM?t=16m15s
>>
>>17336367
>P has the right of way because it's the furthest to the right of the cars going straight.
now add the imperial system to this and you know who you'd better not start an argument with
>>
>>17336386
This. It's poor planning relying on people to wait for 3 other cars in different directions to turn before they can do anything. Completely halts the flow of traffic. A roundabout people on opposite ends can enter at the same time, or people can join after a car has gone past their entrance to it.
>>
>>17336406
Generally there's not much traffic on equal priority intersections to begin with. Here in Germany as far as I know they can only exist in 30kph/20mph residential zones to begin with.
>>
>>17336389
In any sane country, B would be crossing 2 lanes of oncoming traffic. Branching roads that don't directly lead into another road are considered terminal roads, and stop signs would be on either side, rather than 4 ways.
>>
>>17336413
It's a bizarre system, but to each their own, I guess.
>>
It seems like these threads always boil down to people adding obscure regional road rules to the situation to invalidate all previous attempts at determining the right of way.

If I were in the situation of any of those cars and it wasn't immediately obvious how the road or right of way works I'd just slow down and prepare to yield or stop.
>>
>>17336413
Here in the UK, you'd have traffic lights put in to stop accidents.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.