[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Android Auto has Waze support now. PSA. Now I kinda want Android

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Android Auto has Waze support now. PSA.

Now I kinda want Android Auto. Is it worth it?
>>
waze blows
>>
>>17333871
who cares? it's not worth buying a car for or replacing the head unit.
>>
Its okay, but it pretty much locks your phone down while you're using it, so you can't launch any apps on it.

You're just tied to the dumbed down version of the apps they allow you to launch on the headunit.

Android Auto was cool for a little bit, but now I just use bluetooth.
>>
Try AutoMate (shitty name i know)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitspice.automate&hl=en
It simulates the real thing very closely, minus the quick replies and proper voice commands. See if you like it.
>>
>>17333901
Found a semi workaround for that pretty quick.

I just hit the multitasking capacitive button on my S7, then you can cycle back to any app you were previously using on your phone. And if the Google Search/Now app was one of the previous apps, you can use the "open (app name)" command in the searchbar to open any other app you want to use on your phone.
>>
>>17333923
Also alternatively I have found that you can hit the multitask button, then simply swipe away the Android Auto splash screen. It leaves AA running on your car display but it then let's you hit the home button to get to your home screen on the phone.
>>
>>17333901
>Its okay, but it pretty much locks your phone down while you're using it
As it should.
>>
>>17334616
Seems like you'd be more likely to crash trying to figure out how to circumvent the restrictions like so >>17333923

They should leave the phone alone and just make sure Android Auto is enticing enough to make users not even desire to pick up their phone instead.
>>
>>17333882
>free gps with hazard warnings
>blows
I've avoided so many tickets and bad traffic areas because of Waze. What do you use, anon? Enlighten us.
>>
>>17334894
>trying to figure out how to circumvent the restrictions
Why are you trying to circumvent the restrictions? Why are you playing on your phone while driving?
>>
>tfw FCA said they would upgrade your Uconnect with Android auto but changed their mind
Fuck :D
>>
>>17335104
Not him, but I use Google Maps for the lane information. That's far more valuable to me than anything else from Waze because I don't speed enough to warrant a ticket.
>>
>>17335113
Because.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.