[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a car on craigslist that I'm set on buying,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: stick_shift.jpg (78KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
stick_shift.jpg
78KB, 500x372px
There's a car on craigslist that I'm set on buying, its just about the perfect example of what I'm looking for. The only problem is that its a manual. I've never driven a manual, I don't even know anyone with a manual that I can learn or practice on.

I dont want to show up and grind gears and stall the engine of a car someone is trying to sell, so is there a simulator or game that I can use just to get the basics of what order to push pedals in and what rpm to get the engine to for what gear?
I know it won't teach how to feel for the clutch, but I have _zero_ knowledge on how to drive stick, so anything is better than nothing.
>>
I guess not.
>>
Go to a local arcade. Also /o/ is a slow board.
>>
>>17331784
Ah, didn't realize that.

>go to an arcade
I think those are rarer than stick shifts.
>>
>>17331603
find a friend to give you a 30 minute lesson in their manual car.
>>
In most of the world, 16 year old girls drive manuals. Surely you can learn it in a few minutes? Watch some YouTube videos and just take it slow.
>>
>>17331802
Literally everyone I know, and everyone they know, drives an automatic.

>>17331808
I'm sure I'll get it down eventually, but again, I dont want to sit there grinding gears on someone elses car thats for sale because I've never driven stick before.
>>
>>17331859
Can you not even find one from a rental place for a weekend? Get them to deliver it to you so you don't get embarrassed driving it off the lot.
>>
File: 1496638306300.gif (2MB, 489x301px) Image search: [Google]
1496638306300.gif
2MB, 489x301px
>>17331603
Don't be a puss. When I bought my first manuel, it was 200 miles away and I've never driven a manual before. Got to the seller's place (by train), got into the car for a test drive and stalled it first thing. Stalled it multiple times during the test drive with the seller. Bought it and drove it home, stalling at almost every stop light (luckily it was mostly highway).
>>
It's easy, but you have to drive one to understand how, I can't really explain how to drive, I got ripped of 3000 dollers because I bought a car that I didn't even see in person just so he could deliver it to me, then I learned how to drive it, not worth 3000 but now I know I guess, good luck I guess but don't do what I did
>>
>>17331603
Get a beater car with a manual first. A car on craigslist for under $1000 where the seller says "it's starts and runs". Find a small hill that you can roll down without hitting anything and practice feathering the clutch. If you can master hill starts, everything else will take maybe 15 minutes to master.

When you're done with the car, sell it to some 24hrsoflemons racing team for $500. As long as it still starts and runs.
>>
>>17331882
Seriously doubt most rental car companies have anything other than automatics. Maybe some boutique type rental shop that rents high end sports cars will have stick shift cars but if it's just shitboxen, seriously doubt it.
>>
>>17331859
If you want to try to act like a normal human being just tell the seller that you don't know how to drive manual and ask him to take you for a test drive yourself. I assume it's something sporty, he'll be way more willing to rev the shit out of it and drop the clutch harder than you would be the first time you drove it even if you did know what you were doing. Ask him to talk you through your first couple launches and tell him you hope he'll still sell it to you even though you're going to tear up the clutch (laugh, that's a joke son). If you're planning to pay his asking price with no haggling he'll be in a good mood. Try not to spill your spaghetti.
>>
>>17332311
This, the obvious explanation
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.