[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any /o/tist have experience with buying a restored salvage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 34534535.jpg (239KB, 540x356px) Image search: [Google]
34534535.jpg
239KB, 540x356px
Does any /o/tist have experience with buying a restored salvage title? Most places seem to say to stay away from them, but if I bring it to a mechanic and a body shop for a inspection and they pass, is that really all I need to do? It seems like you can get some deals on restored salvage titles.
>>
>>17330208
2 problems:
>Resale value
> reliability and safety
You can bet the air bags are missing
>>
>>17330338
This guy is right, at least about resale value. If it's on an old shit box, it literally doesn't even matter cause who gives a fuck about the resale of it. Also make sure you know the reasons for it being salvage. Let's say it was hail damage and it's not that bad - then it's whatever. Also you have to get it inspected by the highway patrol (at least in my state I did) and that's a huge pain in the ass to get done cause they are open very short windows of time, only during work hours, and are a bitch to get a hold of and set up an appt. Then they're also bitchy about the dumbest shit.
>>
Salvage title just means be very thorough. Obviously stay away from buying anything that was in a severe crash or was in a flood.
>>
>>17330208
Good for track cars. Miatas for less than a grand, baby. Don't even bother registering it. Keep it as private property that can not drive on public roads, like a homemade gokart.

Who the fuck would waste a roadworthy car on track days?
>>
>>17330208
Salvage title cars are worthless. Buy a mint one instead. If you can't afford a mint one then get a different car.
>>
>>17330404
>>17330417
The seller says it was salvaged because of an accident where the tired were flattened. The title was restored.
>>
>>17330443
Does he have before and after pictures? Have a mechanic check the car of course. See if the seller has records of the repair work.
>>
>>17330465
He has neither the pictures nor the receipt of the work. This is what has me worried, but I guess if my mechanic says it's good I shouldn't worry.
>>
>>17330428
>Who the fuck would waste a roadworthy car on track days?

implying any RX8 is roadworthy
>>
STAY THE FUC KAWAY IT ISNT WORTH IT
>>
>>17330492
Explain?
>>
>>17330443
>The seller says it was salvaged because of an accident where the tired were flattened. The title was restored.

HEY LOOK I POSTED IT TWICE

>>17330636
>>
>>17330649
Haha what fucking nigger new faggot lol

Owned.
>>
File: two-thumbs-up.jpg (21KB, 347x447px) Image search: [Google]
two-thumbs-up.jpg
21KB, 347x447px
>>17330649
Nice find lol
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.