[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this have been a meme car had it been in production for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: [email protected] (129KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
57228764-770-0@2X.jpg
129KB, 1200x800px
Would this have been a meme car had it been in production for a little bit longer?
>>
It's a hip meme car, keep it on the hush hush.
>>
That car has gone beyond meme status
It was a meme before the internet, now everyone forgot about them
>>
>>17327930
I would put a big block chevy into one.
>>
>>17327930
Like the Beetle and the Trabant, this car was a meme before memes even existed. They called it the Duck where im from.
>>
>>17329833
"Ugly duckling" here.
>>
>>17329836
I dont get where the name came from, it doesnt even look like a duck.
>>
>>17329833
>before memes even existed
The word meme originated with Richard Dawkins' 1976 book The Selfish Gene
>>
>>17329889
It was first built in 1948.
>>
>>17327930
>had it been in production for a little bit longer
It was in production for 42 years. What do you want?
>>
>>17329773
These were made for a 2 cylinder, it would literally rip itself out of the mountings.
>>
I like it better than the Beetle.
>>
It was a meme car for rebellious academics here.
>>
>>17329840
it's when you look at the car from the side. if you take it's basic shape it kind of reassembles a ducks head.

now what i don't understand is that in belgium they called it a goat.
>>
File: autowp.ru_citroen_2cv_32.jpg (460KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
autowp.ru_citroen_2cv_32.jpg
460KB, 2048x1536px
>>17329840
see what i mean?

it's probably the same case with the goats.
>>
>>17331291
Becuase its
Greatest
Of
All
Time?
>>
Relevant

https://youtu.be/hAocmae9vyE?t=9s
>>
>>17329773
>>17331216
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVi0OeBKNGo

Smallblock, but still.

I mean not the first time shit like this has been done, the Fiat Topolino was big for this sort of shit in the early 50's late 40's and it was about the same size.
>>
>>17331590
very fast deux-che-veu at incredbily hihgh speed
>>
>>17327930
it is a meme since it rusts like crazy and leaks water, last few years it was in production had bad quality steel which rusted during the first 2 years. I still love the damn car and use it as daily but mine is from 1974

>>17329773
car has 600kg with the engine,putting anything heavier would brake the mounting or lean the vehicle too much. I suggest going for visa engine, 652cc or more bore kit and power tube. I upgraded from 602cc to 652cc and added powertube, my max speed is 125km/h and I have around 37 hp. Next step would be the bmw engine but any speed above 90km/h is unbearable cause of the noise and everything rattling in the car. Don't forget this car was built for fuel economy, not speed.
>>17331216
people do put citroen gs engines and heavier engines but then it leans forward and loses its purpose
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.