[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I got a speeding ticket last night. $256. I was doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hey /o/

I got a speeding ticket last night. $256. I was doing 61 in a 45mph zone while raining. I knew as soon as I got pulled over I was getting rekt by a ticket.

However, this is my first ticket and I was wondering if fighting it in the court would help. Like I'm gonna plead not guilty because desu I'm not exactly sure how fast I was going and he didn't provide me evidence by showing me the speedometer reading.

It's all he said, the cop said. But I also know that typically the cop doesn't show to the trial and the ticket gets dismissed.

Has anyone of you guys being through this situation before? What's the best way to do it?
Pay the ticket and get my points taken off? I'm from FL btw.
>>
>>17326271

Also /ticket&finesthread/
>>
>>17326271

why don't you keep to the speed limit? autistic much?
>>
>>17326287

Meh. Don't tell me you drive perfectly every time. Everyone speeds. And this is my first ticket ever. I've only been pulled over twice. First time because I did a burnout out of a Wendy's drive thru lmao but no ticket there he let me off with a warning
>>
Since it's your first ticket, just ask for a prayer for judgement and don't get another ticket for three years. That's what I did; just gotta be careful in areas where you know you can expect cops to be chilling in.
>>
Where are you from? In my criminology class the professor (ex cop) said just going to court can half the price of your ticket at the very least. If you are a good writer you can also just send a letter to the judge to get it deferred. Meaning aslong as you don't get another ticket within a certain time frame you won't have to pay the ticket and keeps your record clean but, if you do get another ticket you have to pay them both.
>>
>>17326610
Didn't see you said your from FL, my b. Isn't Florida pretty strict when it comes to shit like this? Either way, I think my post still stands.
>>
>>17326630

I was reading and my best bet is to go to court and try to get it dismissed. Just have to pray to the gods the fucking cop doesn't show up.
>>
>>17326575
>>17326575
>has a record of driving dangerously
fuck off
>>
>>17326816
and hire a traffic lawyer if you're serious
>>
>>17326818
Traffic lawyers are dirt cheap, second this
>>
>>17326803
>Just have to pray to the gods the fucking cop doesn't show up.
In my area, they vastly improved the ability of the cop to show up by having dedicated traffic enforcement cop schedules aligned to be compatible with their court date assignments. The date you get will be referenced with the cop's availability schedule, so the chance of the cop showing up is basically 100% or close to it.

That's the advantage of computer scheduling now. The computer scheduler makes sure to spit out a date and time for the court appearance that the cop is available.

As for contesting traffic camera tickets, they made it not worth it because they stopped subsidizing the people receiving the tickets. So those that contest the charges have to pay close to the actual costs of enforcement if they don't disprove the ticket. The cameras are run by a private firm approved by the dept of homeland security. It's fully licensed to do it so you cannot contest that part unless you can defeat homeland security. The company flies a rep to your city, so you pay per diem, hotel, rental car, documentation fees, evidence handling fees, and of course the event charge for making the company show up with the expert witness. Because those are large, the city typically does a "cattle call" deal where all the challengers are summoned on the same day within a narrow window of time. That way, the defendants all split up the costs more or less evenly so they don't get shocked with a $3500 bill in addition to the ticket. Generally, people only try to win because they are rich and refuse to have anything on their record.

To challenge the traffic light cameras here, you have to be able to defeat questions like:
a. Are you the owner of this car in the picture?
b. Did you report this car as being stolen?
c. Do you contest that this is a picture of your car?

If you try tricks like saying the camera was not calibrated, they will respond "Prove it. Show your proof right now."
>>
>>17326847
>Traffic lawyers are dirt cheap, second this
They're cheaper when you consider adding on higher insurance rates for the next 3 years anyways.
>>
>>17326271
My advise for you is this: stop being a cunt.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.