[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any ausbros got any experience with importing cars from japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Any ausbros got any experience with importing cars from japan? I've been browsing through jspec and there seems to be tons of low km good condition cars going up for auction all the time.

I've read for a car to be allowed to be imported it's needs to be completely stock, any other things to worry about?
>>
File: 1452334648512.jpg (61KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
1452334648512.jpg
61KB, 400x397px
>buying a vehicle at auction

>buying a vehicle at auction without seeing it

>buying a vehicle at auction without seeing it or hearing it run

>buying a vehicle at auction without seeing it or hearing it run from another country
>>
>>17323129
r i s k r e w a r d
>>
>>17323117
>importing a non-turbo version of a turbo car
>importing a non-turbo R34

why even bother
>>
Don't your ute's come with fucking LS1's?

Just get a god damn ute. It'll be faster.
>>
My friend bought an R33 through jspec years ago, it was a pretty pleasant experience.
>>
>>17323129
Everything coming out of Japan is pretty tidy these days, their inspection rules (shaken) are pretty tight and at 4 years old just about everything consumable on the car is replaced, so at 7 years old (time for second shaken, and the age most of these cars are coming up for auction) they are still fairly tidy. I talked to a MAF (NZ) border inspection guy about this a couple of years ago, he said 99% of the cars coming out of Japan are super tidy, not like the shit people bring in from the states which was basically all fucked and/or rusty (his words).
>>
>>17323129
In my experience importing heavy vehicles, bringing them in from the UK or US you wanna go over and check them yourself. Japanese imports are just about the only ones I'd trust to be sweet to go on the road straight off the boat.
>>
>>17323117
Heaps of them have rust/repaired damage so watch out.
My friend tried importing a 32 gtr to sell and ended up costing him more to import and fix rust than he sold it for.
>>
>>17323117
>non turbo r34
literally kill you are self. what are you, on your Ps?
>>
>>17323117
My mate imported a Chaser through J-spec. He gave them a pretty good wrap. You give them a budget and they work to fit within the price range. They even organised free air con regassing when it got here. Only bad thing was that customs (or whoever goes over it here in Aus) got him done for shit tyres and he had to fork out some extra hundreds for new ones.
>>
>>17323929
ye. j-spec are good. I've heard Edward Lee's are good but there's that whole dodgy odometer shit surrounding them so yeah nah.
>>
>>17323823
Not OP but I'd take a nip car over a boganmobile anyday
>>
File: Shopping Trolley Wing.jpg (1MB, 2381x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Shopping Trolley Wing.jpg
1MB, 2381x1339px
Don't listen to the man children who would rather have a temper tantrum than own a N/A car or an Import

Jspec is the most expensive when it comes to a commision but are the leaders in imports

Prestige Motorsport,
Import Monster,
Auto project are all good

Import revolution has a questionable track record

Edward Lee's or as they renamed themselves Sunrise cars are dodgy. stay away

R Grade vehicles are illegal to be imported. Watch out, Some workshops that also do compliance love bringing these cars in and passing them

Strut towers always rust at the seams. Eye level stop light on the boot gaskets tend to hide rust

You probably already know but Odometers are often rolled back but that's getting less and less of a problem now

Almost all cars when being complied will need a change of tyres, Allow $400

R34 Interior paint is fucking abysmal and gets sticky, Expect to get the interior painted. not that hard, Just an hour job

When looking at auctions, Your importer should always have someone on the ground to inspect the car at the auction himself. They usually take around 80-100 pictures of the car and some cases if the keys are in the car, A video demoing Idle

R34 Wing mirrors always lose clear and begin to fade

R34 Seats stain at the sight of a close water bottle

Good luck OP and bl being baited into the skyline meme
>>
>>17324063
>Edward Lee's
trying to sell a first gen rx7 with a rolled back odo for 30k
yeah nah

>>17324109
listen to the overly defensive kid with buyers remorse instead? kek
>>
>>17324128
>Helping someone with a common interest

>Be le tricky trollster xD le epic kek

What?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.