[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of tachometers? Any minimally skilled driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 11

File: 1491810833957.png (109KB, 602x452px) Image search: [Google]
1491810833957.png
109KB, 602x452px
What is the point of tachometers?
Any minimally skilled driver with an IQ above 50 can shift by engine sound and feel alone.
Most manual cars in the 1980s and earlier didn't have one either.
This is the age of babbies.
>>
What is the point of mirrors? You can hear cars coming from behind
>>
>>17318339
Hard to hear electric cars or bicycles in city traffic.
>>
File: mentlegen.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mentlegen.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
>>17318329
>>
File: tumblr_mk7v9yoRaK1qb88jko1_500.jpg (59KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk7v9yoRaK1qb88jko1_500.jpg
59KB, 500x333px
>>17318329
>Most manual cars in the 1980s and earlier didn't have one either.

>race cars often have tach only, no speedo
>80's race cars all had enormous tach in the middle, from dtm to group b wrc

i guess group b was age of babbies
>>
File: nyeeehh.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nyeeehh.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>17318374
>dat counter clockwise rotational offset
hard as fuck, I can't even that hard
>>
>>17318374
>race cars often have tach only, no speedo
a lot of race cars are like that
here's a digital dash in NASCAR from a few years ago

op is just some autist that thinks he's badass because he drives his shitbox around town without needing a tach
>>
File: NASCAR digital dash.jpg (63KB, 1021x761px) Image search: [Google]
NASCAR digital dash.jpg
63KB, 1021x761px
>>17318398
i'm a fagit rape my face
>>
>>17318398

OP only thinks that because he is a poor who has a base model car without a tach. You can always tell who is a poor.
>>
>>17318391
it's rotated so you shift when the needle is at 12 o'clock
>>
File: vOzgNHE.jpg (440KB, 1440x978px) Image search: [Google]
vOzgNHE.jpg
440KB, 1440x978px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FypBJLwpfA

authentic footage featuring professional racing savant blowing up engine simply because he lost dashboard backlight for a couple of seconds

>>17318391
I think this might be characteristic of every cool car. Pic related: Lotus 49 was a cool car, and it also had tach tilted so top of rpm range is on the top.

i wonder why every formula car has weather switch. i mean, i understand the importance of weather in race, but i'm not sure if it really changes weather
>>
>>17318329
They are just there to piss you off, OP
Every manufacturer collectively agreed a while ago on a global plan to put tachos on every car so you will always be anally frustrated when driving one.
It's a conspiracy against you, nobody really needs tachometers of course.
>>
If you can't drive a manual without a tach, you should probably take the bus instead.
>>
File: hardcore.jpg (60KB, 409x550px) Image search: [Google]
hardcore.jpg
60KB, 409x550px
>>17318404
>>17318406
>>
>>17318419
take that senna, you and your overrated 98t aint shit against angry anon who drives without tach

it's sad how racing kind of interior looks silly in weak shitboxes, it means i'll never make my car look as good as old racecars
>>
>>17318419
can you hear the difference between 7600 and 7750 rpm cause I gurantee you you fucking can't.
>>
>tfw tach is positioned so small that is is totally and utterly useless anyways, especially from a normal riding angle

Feels kind of annoying man
>>
>>17318419
You could certainly drive without one, but why neglect to have one? I think if I had to sacrifice for the cost, I'd take cloth seats over a gimped dashboard.
>>
i have no post to respond to, but i'm afraid i have to post one more cool dash from old dtm race car. this time it has different, non-arithmetic scaling

those things are the most boner-inducting car elements
>>
and maybe one more, please ignore ugly wheel, it's probably detatchable anyway. i guess mercedes had to pretend it's comfy and shit for sake of their customer type

minimalistic before minimalism was cool
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.