[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this brand eternally doomed for the nouveau riche bourgeoisie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Lexus-logo-1988-1920x1080.png (594KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lexus-logo-1988-1920x1080.png
594KB, 1920x1080px
Is this brand eternally doomed for the nouveau riche bourgeoisie or did it finally caught the attention from the uber elite of the society?
>>
The best thing about Lexus is you can pick up one on the cheap with high miles and not really worry too much about it cucking you. Bargain luxury car.
>>
it will never be for the uber elite but it has also never been defined by new rich. it was bought by old rich people who care more about reliability than the badge.
>>
>>17314134
So that's a No then
>>
>>17314144
yeah lexus is rad

toyota is pretty blatantly the best pure car company on earth.

even though stuff like scion seemed like a experiment to see how the market reacted, toyota is very much cool about making cars for normal people and people that want to use their car for work.
>>
>>17314032
>the nouveau riche bourgeoisie
You don't have to be rich to afford a $40k car.
>>
>>17314032
Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes and other similar brands will always be for the upper middle class. Real rich people can afford Bentleys and Rolls Royce.
>>
>>17314316
That hasn't been toyota in like 15 years at least
>>
Lexus has the reputation of being the retired-middle-class-old-person car.
I don't think they can change that.
>>
>>17314782
That has been Toyota for some time.
They make, arguably, the best A to B car on the market.

Yes, they're dull. Yes, they're boring to drive. No, they aren't terribly exciting to look at.
But they get excellent MPG, they're incredibly reliable, and they're certainly affordable.
>>
>>17314144
This is the case. Rich people want a daily that is reliable and comfy. They have boats, planes, and porsches, ferraris, and lambos for fun.
>>
>>17314782
get a fucking drivers license and stop parroting what your dumbass parents say, both of which have probably never had a car last for more than 150k miles due to incompetence
>>
>>17314032
>bourgeoisie
Communists aren't people.

It's upmarket Toyota with a reputation for better reliability than other "luxury" auto manufacturers. OP is a poorfag who drives a $3k Civic.
>>
>>17314032

In time, I'd guess that sooner or later Toyota and Honda will do away with Lexus and Acura, respectively. The original reasoning for why both these companies made the separate brands in the states becomes less relevant as time passes, combined with the fact that they exist no where else in the world. It seems like they'd save a lot of money if they brought them back into the fold. Besides, in this day and age most people already know that a lexus is a toyota made car.
>>
>>17316066
Lexus is killin it tho. Niggers and old white ppl love em. They're the Cadillacs of Japan and I doubt they'll ever go anywhere until Toyota converts to their proposed 90% electric lineup.
>>
>>17316066
>I'd guess that sooner or later Toyota and Honda will do away with Lexus and Acura

Not sure about Acura, but I seriously doubt Lexus would go away if they keep selling well. I don't really get the impression that they're a brand in danger.

>most people already know that a lexus is a toyota made car

I don't understand why people get so hung up on this though. If Toyota puts out a good luxury car, then who really cares? That's just blatant snobbery.
>>
File: 32315401115_ba845fb9b5_k.jpg (475KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
32315401115_ba845fb9b5_k.jpg
475KB, 2048x1536px
Look at this. The b and c-pillars are completely flat.

Not even Mercedes can touch the level of detail that Lexus has.

Lexus is god.
>>
>>17316786
Japanese have done flush glass for three decades.
>>
>>17315933
But I drive Tucson

I only made the thread because I had my eyes on Lexus for some time
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.