[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone still use CB radio? Thinking about getting one for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: R-C-Motor-Lines-truck-driver-.jpg (25KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
R-C-Motor-Lines-truck-driver-.jpg
25KB, 600x470px
Does anyone still use CB radio? Thinking about getting one for my 85 c1500 along with a monster 102" antenna, then get a couple for my family around here so we can talk. I have a cell phone but I also think it would be interesting listening to trucker chatter and be able to warn people about wrecks and shit.
>>
>>17309346
>be able to warn people about wrecks and shit.

waze
>>
>>17309346
i always wanted one
but i am probably too autistic to say anything
>>
few people use that shit anymore, and the people who do are assholes to noobs
>>
pretty dumb in the age of smart phones

not many truckers fuck with it these days
if youre expecting some cool lingo ridden movie style chatter you will be disappointed

t. someone who was brought up with cbs
>>
>>17309372
I can just imagine now some 70 year old man wearing a wife beater smoking a marlboro who's been on cb since it came out roasting the fuck out of me with his buddies listening
>>
>>17309346

I use one for off roading but even then it rarely gets any actual use.

>would be interesting listening to trucker chatter and be able to warn people about wrecks and shit.

You're romanticizing this for some weird gay reason. In reality trucker chatter is just two trucks from the same company driving in the same direction talking brief logistics. Or occasionally saying hi (and nothing else) to one passing in the opposite direction.

You're also not going to warn anyone about anything because the range is so short (who gives a shit about how big *your* antenna is you mong). Any warning you give will be 100% useless because the only people who will hear you are already stuck in the same traffic you are.

>>17309402
LUL WOULDN'T THAT BE LIKE TOTES EP U GUISE. Maybe you could even record it and post it to the gram for max likes n stuff amirite
>>
>>17309422
Well the reason I was asking is my grandpa has been a truck driver for over 20 years now and had one in his truck that I received on my 16th birthday. He took it out as we restored it but recently I saw it sitting covered in dust and just wondered if it would have been useful. I've ridden with him in his big rig before about 5 or so years ago and it proved to be pretty useful and informative.

>You're romanticizing this for some weird gay reason.
Yes, I dream about a big burly trucker man agreeing to meetup on cb radio at a gas station to fuck my ass.
>>
>>17309422
>LUL WOULDN'T THAT BE LIKE TOTES EP U GUISE. Maybe you could even record it and post it to the gram for max likes n stuff amirite

calm down
>>
>>17309346
>Does anyone still use CB radio?
Stores do for their employee radios. I never hear anyone else breaking the squelch on my CB radio as I drive around. CB's time has come and gone.

In the neighborhood north of me by a half-mile, I pick up those handheld CB walky talkies that companies like toshiba sold at costco and sam's club in the 1990's and early 2000's. The parents gave those to the kids to use to keep in touch rather than cellphones that get stolen by tough kids selling them for dosh.
>>
>>17309346
I use 2 meter when off road with friends but I bet cb would be just as useful. Radios definitely have a place in the age of cell phones, don't let anyone tell you otherwise
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.