[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My apartment building's garage door closed on my car's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Blog_car_door.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Blog_car_door.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
My apartment building's garage door closed on my car's roof scratching the paint and leaving a deep dent. I've been quoted around $1,500.00 for the repairs before taxes.

The door is located at the base of a steep ramp. When I had entered, the door wasn't closing yet. I was in what should have been the area of the sensor and I backed up a little to give myself more space to turn, when the door came down. Can I fight my landlord on this and get him to pay up? I feel like someone could stop in that door for any number of reasons and it seems like negligence on the part of the landlord.

My landlord was celebrating Shavuot this week so I couldn't get a hold of him. I need some advice on how to proceed.
>>
You're retarded.
>>
Probably should ask a lawyer first if it's worth pursuing. Of course the landlord won't take responsibility that you can't figure out a garage door.
>>
just use the old think of the children line. If it thumped down on your roof on the way through and a CAR didnt trip the safety, imagine what it would do to some already retarded child with a footprint of like 2 square feet.
>>
just go to a scapyard and buy a new hood for like $200
>>
>>17305995
>My landlord was celebrating Shavuot this week so I couldn't get a hold of him.
Your landlord isn't going to pay one red cent.
>>
>Go to hardware store
>Buy the nicest fucking mallet they have
>Bang out the dent
>Touch up with paint

Seriously, body shops are run by jews. You can fix all light body damage yourself if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>17305995
>My landlord was celebrating Shavuot this week
He'll never pay and if the judge makes him pay, he will find some technicalities to make you pay it back. You made a 1mm long scratch on the wall. That costs $1,500.

He'll also confiscate your deposits when you move out. Those types of people are vindictive when it comes to money.
>>
What's wrong with it? If you're getting quoted $1500 for a fucking hood then you're getting scammed.
>>
>>17307738
It's not the hood, it's the roof of the car. It's dented and the paint is completely fucked up.
>>
>>17306040
What is up with normies not knowing about scrap yards
>>
>>17307991
You posted a picture of a garage door coming down on a hood though. Anon is functionally illiterate and mainly goes by the pictures.
>>
>>17306083
>touch up the paint

but first build a spray booth and get about $700 in equipment, then spend about $100 in 2k urethane and clear, and then about that in PPE, and set aside one full day for prep and spraying
>>
>>17308151
That's a picture of someone driving though a garage door retard
>>
Talk to landlord. Tell his quote for 1500. Used hood from scrapyard 300$. Ask him for 150$ break ok next month rent
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.