[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the previous owner of my car put a Saabaru sticker over the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG0316.jpg (2MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0316.jpg
2MB, 5376x3024px
So the previous owner of my car put a Saabaru sticker over the emblems which became faded and messed up. So I peeled one off and this was left. None of the adhesive removers I have are doing anything to it. What do you guys suggest?
>>
>>17304567
I suggest removing the badge and replacing it.
Just use a screw drive with a towel around it.
>>
>>17304590
also your paint looks ass wtf
>>
>>17304567
They sale replacement stickers for the saab emblem. Last a few years. One of these days i'll get out some model enamel paint and paint mine.
>>
>>17304598
It's just dirty I drove it on a gravel road and haven't washed it
>>
File: 1496004407475.png (69KB, 308x291px) Image search: [Google]
1496004407475.png
69KB, 308x291px
>buy used /o/ said
>>
Who was he trying to fool by putting Subaru stickers on a Saab?
>>
Nail varnish remover worth a try. Also try a hairdryer to soften any adhesive
>>
>>17305466
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza_(second_generation)#Saab_9-2X
>>
>>17305466
Its a 9 2x
>>
>>17305466
SAABARUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
File: 1484286287113.jpg (4KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484286287113.jpg
4KB, 227x225px
>>17305526
Oooo I like that color. Wouldn't have the balls to drive a car that color though
>>
>>17304567
>None of the adhesive removers I have are doing anything to it.
As long as the famous gum and sticker remover doesn't get onto the auto paint, apply enough so that it is not runny. Cut a strip from an old credit card or one of those plastic cards comcast sends in the mail. Use that at a 45 degree angle to scrape the adhesive. You will use this with a pushing motion on the adhesive. Keep working on the same area until you get through the adhesive to the metal surface. After that, you will keep pushing at the edges of that clean spot to make it wider. The sharp edge of the plastic lets you scrape so if it gets dull, use another piece. It lasts a long time for me though. The adhesive removal liquid prevents the adhesive from rolling back and resticking itself, so that's why this method works. Apply more liquid but don't let it run onto a painted surface.

If liquid gets onto automotive paint, wipe it dry without smearing it over a larger area. Then wash off the residue thoroughly with soapy solution sort of like you are stripping wax off. Then use spray detailer or re-wax that spot. The reason for paranoid removal approach is because that goo gone remover has penetrating ability, so over time, it can get thru a clear coat to the base coat. Since it's oily, soapy solutions will grab onto it and pull it out of the microscopic pores and crevices of the clear coat before it has enough time to absorb deeper.
>>
>>17305643
>doesn't have balls to drive a blue car

you don't have balls at all?
>>
Just get a new badge man they cost like 20 bucks and last 10 years or so.
>>
>>17304567
Acetone, lots of it
>>
>>17304567
Looks like shit anyway so you could try brakekleen on a paper towel but be very careful or remove it and try it.
>Small suction cup should take it off without using a scewdriver

I'd probably paint it body color or better yet just replace it with a new one.
>>
>>17307605
My car is blue, just not THIS blue
>>
>>17307591
Hm, this seems like the best post here. I guess I'll give it a go
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.