[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only person in the fucking world who thinks that: >GT86

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: subaru.jpg (293KB, 1595x778px) Image search: [Google]
subaru.jpg
293KB, 1595x778px
Am I the only person in the fucking world who thinks that:
>GT86 should remain as it is
>BRZ should be equipped with fucking UEL headers to give it the iconic Subaru sound as well as slightly change engine characteristics AT NO FUCKING COST?

I mean seriously, it'd be a perfect way to make the BRZ something slightly more than just a rebadged Toyota as well as make a fucking Subaru retain at least a bit of it's heritage.

Although I'd still prefer the more radical approach where BRZ gets a tarbo and AWD, but that's just not gonna happen.
>>
>tfw still no BRZ STi even though there's already an STi version of the engine architecture, they'd just have to rearrange the engine bay slightly
>>
And lose power? They went EL on all their cars for good reason.
>>
Personally i just really do not care.
id have an SS commodore before one of those things any day, they both cost the same money.
>>
>>17304399
Pilot supersports is all they need
>>
>tfw thinking driving a stock autotragic 86 with prius tires is just fine
I'm a normie so it should be acceptable right?
>>
>>17304408
And thus kill the sti brand.
>>
>>17304447
No, get an autotragic civic instead
>>
>>17304409
Why do you think Subaru is running UEL on the WRXs and Imprezas?
>>
>>17304458
They don't anymore, new revised sti will be EL
>>
File: 1403837898271s.jpg (5KB, 175x240px) Image search: [Google]
1403837898271s.jpg
5KB, 175x240px
>>17304408
The following should happen:
>GT86 gets a Celica GT-Four like treatment i.e. gets a GT86-Four variant with AWD and a turbo
>BRZ gets the exact same shit but it's called STI and also uses UEL headers

>>17304464
Well... changes... They used to use it though. It's what made Subaru THE Subaru.
>>
EL headers make more power

t. Ace A/350 being best aftermarket header
>>
>>17304447

Other than the torque dip, mine is easily a 8.5/10 driving experience.
>>
The brz has the same engine as a wrx why don't they just give the brz a turbo and be done with it? Bam there's your extra 75hp
>>
>>17304458
They stopped years ago.
>>
>>17304528
About the same time as Subaru became dogshit really.
>>
>>17304495
>FA20
>FA20DIT
anon..
>>
>>17304399
The BRZ should just be removed from existance, with that ugly plastic stripe in the middle of the bumper and way worse looking headlights.
GT86 is perfect.
>>
>>17304532
How so? They're experimenting with the new FA engine. Aside from looking worse than before I'd say WRX'S have improved quite a bit
>>
>>17304552
BRZ>FRS>GT86
>>
>>17304553
As their natural competitor dropped out and they also stopped giving shit about rally their cars lost soul and edge. And the Subaru sound.
>>
>>17304552

>GT86 better looking than BRZ

You've got some eye problems my dude
>>
>>17304532
Aesthetics? Lack of updated power?
Next gen cars will have new FA24DIT
>>
>>17304565
>Subaru sound
That's about it, expect big changes with new STI in about two years, sad there is no competition however
>>
>>17304574
All I can say is that exactly two GT86 platform cars have passed by me on the street.
One was a BRZ, and the other was one of the most beautiful cars I have seen.
(Honestly what the fuck is that plastic piece of shit taking up half the grille)
>>
>>17304399
>make the BRZ something slightly more than just a rebadged Toyota
The GT86 is a rebadged Subaru.
>BRZ gets a tarbo and AWD
It already exists, it's called WRX.
>>
>>17304692
>It already exists, it's called WRX.
Yeah well I want the Toyobaru looks though.
>>
>>17304408
It'd take customers from the WRX STi and they can't have that.
>>
>>17304430
Seconded. Got PSS for mine a couple of weeks after buying it. My balls are usually the limiting factor for cornering speed, torque records up to 1g on good roads. My 0-60 dropped to around 6 seconds, stopping distance feels like half of that of the Primacies, but it should be somewhere around 75%.
>>
>>17304713
Never understood this train of thought- either car would be a sale for Subaru, unless the profit margin is higher on the sedan
>>
>>17304724
It's not a "subaru" it's a bastardized car made between two companies
>>
>>17304495
Because turbo Subarus have the turbo mounted underneath the engine, there's asphalt there on the BRZ. Subaru literally said they're leaving it to the aftermarket rather than engineering a new factory turbo.

>inb4 muh compression
There's like a dozen turbo and supercharger kits that reliably make anywhere from 280bhp to high 300s without touching the internals. Built motors reach as high as 500bhp.
>>
>>17304725
Lol its made in Subarus Gunma plant, doofus-derived from an impreza chassis
>>
>>17304740
What you fail to understand is that it's a completely different car than an impreza (not same chassis). Can't remember the last RWD coupe Subaru made. With that said why would they want this collaborative car to outshine their pride and joy that is the WRX/STI?
>>
>>17304724
>either car would be a sale for Subaru
When Subaru agreed to make the car in exchange for Toyota's funding, basic design and direct injection system, they also had to agree to only badge every 6th car as a BRZ. If they gave it 300 turbo bhp and awd, they'd lose their WRX STi customers to Toyota.
>>
>>17304755
Yes, and Subaru builds every coupe. Isn't that more money for them?
>>
>>17304786
>Isn't that more money for them?
Apparently not. The probaby agreed on a price to sell the cars to Toyota, and they'd have to agree on a price to sell the turbo cars to Toyota, and Toyota wouldn't allow Subaru to make more profit. Toyota largely funded this, Subaru can't just do what they want.
>>
>>17304830
They're making profit on both ends. Subaru is too small to develop such a car on their own, agreed. They'll drop it once it no longer is profitable
>>
>>17304560
the new 86 design sucks a dick

and for fucks sake people should refer to the old gt86 design as FRS
just to prevent all this shit about how if someone overseas says "i like the gt86" they don't get bombarded
>>
>>17304852
They'll drop it once it's no longer profitable for Toyota.

>>17304868
>people should refer to the old gt86 design as FRS
No, it should be called 86 or GT86.
>Toyota 86 in Asia, South Africa, North America (from August 2016), South America and Australia; GT86 in Europe; both of the preceding names in New Zealand; FT86 in Nicaragua and Jamaica;
>Scion FR-S in the US and Canada
>>
>>17304469
das a good idea
>>
>>17304399
>make the BRZ something slightly more than just a rebadged Toyota
I mean, its 90% Subaru. More like, the gt86 is a rebadged Subaru
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.