[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

think I might pick this up. tell me it's not a horrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 00y0y_ce9kZgFaFXS_600x450.jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00y0y_ce9kZgFaFXS_600x450.jpg
39KB, 600x450px
think I might pick this up. tell me it's not a horrible idea

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ctd/6151340911.html
>>
here's the Carfax if anyone is super bored

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=ASD_0&vin=2HGFG2A55AH700817
>>
>>17300025
>150315
That's a lot of mileage for a 2010 Civic. I've seen early 2000s Civics with less miles. I assume you really want the SI model?
>>
>>17300093
>I assume you really want the SI model?

yeah. it might be worth noting that I'm a college student and don't drive too much. but I still need a car in my life and my undesirable shitbox is getting to be more trouble than it's worth
>>
>>17300105
to paraphrase, I want something that I can expect to work and not leave me stranded, but I'm not DDing all year round. it would be somewhere between a DD and a summer car, I suppose.
>>
>>17300105
Miles are high, but I think the price reflects it. I've had an FG2 Si for a couple years now and it has been great so far. It did need a clutch at 110k, but that's a wear item so I don't even consider that a problem.
Check on its recall status if you do buy it, I know mone had a recall on the passenger airbag because lol takata
>>
>>17300105
If you can get the car for under 6500, I'd say go for it. Assuming the car is mechanically sound, you should be able to easily get another 50k miles out of it, maybe even more.
>>
File: nothankyouguy.jpg (120KB, 556x556px) Image search: [Google]
nothankyouguy.jpg
120KB, 556x556px
>>17300025
>used car lot
>150k
>7k
You can go on craigslist and find an older civic with less miles for 3k.
>>
>>17300119
yeah, I meant to ask. should I be worried that the Carfax doesn't show a clutch replacement? should I anticipate the car needing one?
>>
>>17300145
Yes, that's probably why the original owner decided it was time for a new car. Then it ended up at a car lot because the dealer wholesaled it since they didn't want to put money into a car with 150k miles. Dealers generally won't sell cars that need expensive work because they have a reputation to hold. Car lots almost ALWAYS sell cars with problems, because they're always auction/wholesale cars that dealerships didn't want.
>>
>>17300184
you're not wrong, but I mean Craigslist has its own issues. especially with cars like Hondas. most of the Si listings near me either have a shit ton of aftermarket parts, or they say "needs _____, i have the part just don't feel like putting it in" and that makes me paranoid for some reason
>>
>>17300184
>>17300221

like this one seems like a much better deal, but it has the "needs new ___ i have the part..." meme.
https://altoona.craigslist.org/cto/6104237939.html

i'm not disagreeing or anything. I guess I'm just saying I'm not sure how to avoid the possibility of problems lol, whether rI shop on Craigslist or at a used lot
>>
>>17300247
>how to avoid the possibility of problems
Pay a mechanic $100 to inspect the car if you're serious about getting it. It's well worth the money, they can tell you everything that is wrong with it and save you from buying a car that needs $1k+ in repairs.
>>
>>17300025
I owned one, though not the Si edition. Really nice, comfortable car that I barely fit in. 10/10 would own again though.

>I'm 6'2"
>>
>>17300025
Dude, Impalas (2010-2015) can be had under 50-75,000 miles for $6500-9500, don't buy something that high mileage for that rape of a price.
>>
>>17300025
A civic type rice(2007 or 8) with less miles is cheaper than this IN FUCKING EUROPE where everything costs twice as much
>>
>>17300145
Test drive it and find out. 150k miles in 7 years might be alot of highway miles. I have 250k miles on a car with it's original clutch and it holds fine even with an additional 50lbs of torque.
>>
>>17300025
I own a 8th Gen Civic. If you want proper after market support, go with the sedan or get a Acura CSX. The coupes don't have much, and what they have isn't great.

This only applies to asthetics btw, so otherwise you're good.

It is high milage. But since it's post 2008, it should be good. They fixed the engine block issues by the 2009 model year (which I own). The R18 (if you move down from there Si) and K24 are very good engines. You won't go wrong either way
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.