[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they make the brake pedal extra goofy big for autotragedies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7751.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7751.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
Why do they make the brake pedal extra goofy big for autotragedies?
Are autofags that clumsy & unskilled that they not only cannot control a car with a standard gearbox but they also cannot even manage to aim their foot at a smaller standard sized brake pedal without missing it all together?
>>
I'm sure the big pedal is so that clueless tards and ancient old people are less likely to get confused and mash the gas into a shop window. Why people like that are allowed to drive at all is beyond me.
>>
>>17296424
>Paddlefags will tirelessly dispute this.
>>
>>17296349
babby's first manual transmission
>>
>>17296454
>what did he mean by this
>>
>>17296349
Well, those particular ones are aftermarket pedals you can get at Wal-mart or eBay for like $10.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pilot-Automotive-Race-Pedal-Pads-2-Pieces/35680174
...being aftermarket parts means that they have to be fairly large to fit over a wide variety of pedal sizes and shapes.

The reason why pedals in automatic cars are bigger is simple: There is no clutch pedal or foot trying to push down on one. The extra space in the foot well goes to brake pedal which is a good thing since it makes for a bigger target in emergency braking. But it goes back further than that in the old days when automatics and power-assisted brakes were becoming more popular. In an emergency braking scenario the driver would normally depress the clutch and brake pedals to disengage the transmission. For automatics, there is no clutch pedal and it's not feasible for the driver to shift from drive to neutral in an emergency and should the hydraulic brake assist fail the driver's only option is to mash the pedal as hard as they can. This is where having a bigger brake pedal helps. My old Cadillac has pedal big enough for both feet which came in use a couple of times when it just died in the middle of driving.
>>
>>17296564
>needs a bigger target during emergency braking

Tear up your lisence
>>
>>17296349
In short? Yes.
>>
>>17296587
How could one be so weak, uncordinated & pathetic?
>>
>>17296573
>he would rather be rear-ended or t-boned because the other driver couldn't find the pedal.

RIP in peace, your car.
>>
>>17296685
Damn when you say it like that seems like the auto fags brake pedal could be even bigger. Or they just shouldnt be driving .
>>
>>17296598
By being born with inferior american genetics, of course. It's no coincidence that they're shorter and have smaller dicks on average than the european stock they're descended from. They were thrown out for being small-dicked manlets and inbred from there.
>>
>>17296598
Having a vagina, for one.
>>
>>17296573
>has never driven a 5,000 pound vehicle without power assist brakes.
There was a time when power brakes weren't even an option, dipwad.
But then, as a bus rider, of course you have no knowledge or experience with vehicles that had 4 wheel drum brakes and organic shoes...
>>
because during hard braking an automatic will slip back into neutral, requiring extra force to slow down compared to a manual which will have extra resistance if left in gear.
>>
>>17296424
Yet somehow they still do it, the recent Toyota unintended acceleration recall is evidence enough.
>>
>>17296703
(You)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.