[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I really buying a money pit if I purchase a used German car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8515.jpg (179KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8515.jpg
179KB, 1024x768px
Am I really buying a money pit if I purchase a used German car like an Audi, or VW?

I'm hunting for a manual car under 5k. I seriously love the interior and exterior looks of the Jetta and the A4.

I found a 6 speed Jetta V6 engine leather interior sunroof with 125k miles, for $4500. Mileage too high?
>>
No love for German cars?
>>
>>17292761
They are fine. You can even work on them relatively troublefree, even more on the A4.
>>
>>17292814
You're saying go for the A4 over the Jetta if possible? What makes Audi more troublefree?
>>
>>17292761
>I found a 6 speed Jetta V6 engine leather interior sunroof with 125k miles, for $4500. Mileage too high?

no fucking buy that shit

also it was made in Mexico not Germany
>>
>>17292899
>fucking buy that shit

Gotta wait for my title to come in the mail so I can trade in my car but I'm gonna set up an appointment to test drive it and get it inspected.

>it was made in Mexico not Germany

Did not know that, thanks
>>
>>17292899
Does your jpg mean go to church?
>>
I had a b5 a4. The 2.8 is a solid car. I'm a poor college student and bought a clean one for $2800 100k mile manual. Expect for one thing to go wrong every year that'll set you back a grand. Other then that , keep the car maintained and you'll be fine.
>>
>>17292761
Just get a civic.
>>
Keep up on timing belt changes, you don't want that shit to go wrong and grenade your engine.
>>
>>17292761
It's so boring I almost fell asleep. It's it at least fast?
>>
>>17293359
I've been driving an Accord for years. Civics are cool though. I'll look out for them too.

>>17293368
This literally just happened to my gf mustang. RIP.

>>17293371
What do you mean it's boring?
>>
>>17293522
Are you the TC faggot from yesterday? Fix the Accord.
>>
Mileage no object (unless the interior's falling apart).

Assuming it's 4x4, it'll be improved by changing the Haldex control box to make it less FWD-biased.

...but it's competent rather than fun.
>>
>>17293580
>Assuming it's 4x4, it'll be improved by changing the Haldex control box to make it less FWD-biased.
For Jettas and A3s this is true, A4s not so much. They need a new center diff since they don't use Haldex.
>>
>>17292761
>>17293313
Last year I bought a super cheap Audi S5 with 98k miles lol. Couple years now and it's been pretty good to me. Absolutely love this car, so I'm hoping it doesn't start to fall apart on me :-(
>>
>>17294041
>Last year
2015 I mean... haha. Now that makes more sense.
>>
>>17293529
It's like $600 for a new catalytic converter plus labor. Might as well get a different car
>>
Ignore the incoming anti-VAG retards. Like any car, the mileage (unless it's extremely high) doesn't mean that much if it's been well maintained. CARFAX it and ask for service records. Yes it costs a little more for German parts but I've had an '05 Audi for a while now and it's been flawless, haven't spent a dime aside from gas.
>>
>>17292761
I have a 2001 with the 12 valve VR6 5 speed

I can legitimately say that with the light performance mods I have done to the engine (exhaust and motor mounts) It's probably the best sounding car in existence for the price.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.