[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I'm looking for a first car and I love the angular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: celica12.jpg (175KB, 799x503px) Image search: [Google]
celica12.jpg
175KB, 799x503px
Hey guys. I'm looking for a first car and I love the angular look of the early 90s cars. I have the opportunity to buy a Celica from 93 at 2500$.
It has 170k miles and the owner claims to have new tires and battery in place for it.
It's stick shift.
Would this be a good vehicle for a starter?

Picture related (it should be the exact model)
>>
Only if it has a 3SGE.
>>
>>17287824
What is the 3SGE? i should add I'm not interested in racing or being fast
>>
>>17287798
Celica convertables had a design flaw in the cloth of the convertible tops that made them have to be replaced all the time. My dads old girlfriend had one, it used to spit out staples from the cloth top. I would steer clear of any convertible car actually. Its just more to go wrong with and it makes you look like a super gay.
>>
>>17287798
Buy a civic.
>>
>>17287890
One of the engines.

It is important to know cuz it basically tells you if the owner was smart or if the engine has reliability issues.
>>
OP here thanks for the intel. I'll stay away from converts.
>>17288042
Any models that look similar to this? Would a late 80s Civic be usable today?
>>
>>17288088
any car is usable today, just depends on how much time and money you are willing to spend on it.

keep in mind that the older the car the more youre gonna have to work to maintain it, which is not necessarily a bad thing if you like to do your own work but can get a little frustrating
>>
>>17288088
No. Get something with obd2.
>>
Celicas have high insurance for like no reason. I wanted one too but this really turned me off. Also at 170k miles you might start running into problems, celicas are reliable but not that reliable.
>>
>>17287798
>buying a convertible
>buying a non-turbo Celica that doesn't have a 2ZZ engine
>spending $2.5k on a car with 170k miles
>buying a 20 something year old convertible Celica with 170k miles for $2.5k
>>
>>17288088
i'll sell you my 93 del sol for 2k
>>
>>17287798
There's a 92 celica for about 3 grand in Indianapolis
>>
File: toyota-3645.jpg (6KB, 250x170px) Image search: [Google]
toyota-3645.jpg
6KB, 250x170px
The faggot OP is back again.
Is a Toyota Paseo a better choice?
>>
>>17290137
Do you want a small, impractical and decidedly cheap feeling Toyota Tercel?
>>
>>17290267
is the tercel more expensive?
>>
>>17290361
I apologize that's a stupid question .
I actually don't mind a smaller car. I don't plan on taking anyone else along with me
>>
>a Toyota

scumbag cars

get Nissan instead.
>>
>>17290367
You'd be surprised how handy having the extra space will be.

Even if it's just back seats, you'll find a use for it.

>>17290369
Nissans are shit, get a Mazda instead.
>>
>>17290369
Niggersan is more scummy than toyota.
How can it not be when its always packed with monkeys puffin on menthols.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.