[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need new tires for my S2000. I'm highly considering Michelin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport.jpg (156KB, 1000x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport.jpg
156KB, 1000x1107px
Need new tires for my S2000. I'm highly considering Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I can get them in the stock staggered fitment for $795 shipped which is actually less than what I paid for my last set of ADVAN Neovas. I've used Bridgestone, Kumho, and ADVAN before but never Michelin. What is /o/'s impression of Michelin in general and the PSS specifically for those who have driven a car with them? I'm looking for something that's racy, but won't make me shit my pants every time I see a puddle (like my AD08Rs).
>>
>>17284168
I think I rode a bus that had Michelins on it, bretty gud I must say.
>>
File: fs_firehawk_in500_ci2_l.jpg (29KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
fs_firehawk_in500_ci2_l.jpg
29KB, 250x250px
PSS is known to be a pretty good tire (though is being replaced by Pilot Sport 4). However, the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 is a re-branded Bridgestone that is roughly 8/10 of a PSS at two thirds the price. I've heard great things about wet grip as well.
>>
>>17284215
>replaced by Pilot Sport 4
>Not available in the sizes I need
Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>buying maymay tires to just sit in traffic all day long
>>
File: 1273282745266.jpg (7KB, 224x251px) Image search: [Google]
1273282745266.jpg
7KB, 224x251px
>>17284264
>Not enjoying the dozen chances every day to have a little fun during an otherwise bleak and mundane part of your life
>>
>>17284168
lol they're shit. get re-71r's.
>>
>>17284264
>Being a metropolitan cucklord
I've got a 5 minute drive to work and about 10 minutes to some of the finest deserted backroads that Virginia and West Virginia have to offer.
>>
>>17284302
>Virginia
I'm sorry you have to deal with your police
>>
>>17284312
Thank you for your sympathy. They are fucking assholes. I've been pulled over 11 times and only 2 were for speed. These gaylords LOVE writing "fix-it" tickets. What's infuriating is that you know and they know it'll get dismissed so it's done out of pure contempt for you and your fucking time just because they can.

I've really considered moving to West Virginia, but I'm so close anyway it's too much hassle to move at this point.

>>17284293
Reviews seem good and I like the price, but I'm a little worried about wet traction with the RE71. Lately SWVA has been like the pacific northwest. Fucking standing water everywhere and I'm terrified to go near the highway.
>>
Mpss are aging but still the best all around tire, basically anything sticker is far more shite for rain use like the RE-71r and anything harder is going to fall short like the Indy 500
>>
>>17284423

Agrees...am running 285-30-20 and 305-30-20 MPSS on my car right now and they are fantastic. Lots of grip but still a good street tire. I'd get the RE-71s but I don't consider them good daily driver tires...they are basically R-comps but dialed far enough back to be able to drive to the track.
>>
>>17284569
thicc
>>
>>17284242
This, they sell it in a 205/55r16 in England but not here. Fuck me sideways, they don't even sell any of them in the US under an 18. Don't wanna go any bigger than 225/45r17.
>>
>>17284168
they won't grip as well in the dry like ad08r's, but they'll be better in the wet.
more comfortable too.

if you want a comfier wet tire that matches the ad08r's for dry, get pirelli trofeos
>>
>>17284168
Toyo Proxes R1 my man
>>
>>17284995
The Trofeos still look pretty sketch for wet driving. I'm perfectly okay with sacrificing a little dry grip for some wet safety. Almost hydroplaning off a bridge and down 40 feet into a rushing river really changed my outlook on things a lot.
>>
>>17284569
Yeah I've come to the realization that running DOT R-Compound on all of my cars is a fucking stupid idea. The S2000 is my DD so I'm dialing that back. I've got an MR2 for my fun car that's currently on AD08Rs and I'm thinking about stepping that up to Hankook Ventus Z214 C71s and only taking it out in the dry.
>>
>Hankook RS-3

Feels good
>>
PSS are a pretty good tire, but also too expensive for what they are. Look into continental extreme contact dw.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.