[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got to drive a 996 GT3 at a track yesterday and now I understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 996gt3.jpg (191KB, 1162x778px) Image search: [Google]
996gt3.jpg
191KB, 1162x778px
I got to drive a 996 GT3 at a track yesterday and now I understand why people love them so much.

I'm not a pro or super experienced driver, so I tried to be as slow and smooth as possible when I drove it. My buddy showed me how to drive it correctly, which was just "slow in fast out", but he really emphasized it. But towards the end, when I got a little bit more confident, I picked up the pace. It fucking ROCKETS out of corners like none other. The GT3 I drove only had 400 hp at best (intake/exhaust) but it felt like it had so much more. I could get on the power so much earlier compared to other cars, although my base of reference was a track-modified 07 Mustang GT.

I really want one now. If this is "just" the GT3 with no turbo, I could only imagine what a GT2 can do.

thanks for listening to my blog
>>
>>17282618
Nice man, Porsches are sick.

A used Turbo/gt3 will be my next
>>
>>17282648
although the 996 is the lowest form of porsche, its still a fast car, and you can put more money in mods like IMS with the money you save.

cant cure that GM quality interior though.
>>
>>17282658
havent been inside a 996, i have only experienced the 991 interior
>>
>>17282684
good man
>>
File: 1488086803955.png (162KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488086803955.png
162KB, 543x600px
>>17282618

they're fucking expensive for a reason

>tfw i'll never own one
>>
>>17282648
I feel like by the time I will make enough money to afford one of these, they'll all be too expensive. The 991 Porsches are selling like hotcakes nowadays. The older GT2 and GT3 models didn't have a crazy demand for them like they do now. It's gonna get to the point where you have to have Ferrari money to have a Porsche.
>>
>>17282703

The average person can get a used Carrera S for 70% off after a couple years

7-8 year old 911's going for 45-50k with 40-50k miles
>>
>>17282658
A GT3 is different. No IMS issues, and 1 of 1000.
>>
>>17282618
I don't think the gt2 is an improvement, you drove the good one. Every journalist I've seen that pours adoration over the gt3 is very negative about the gt2... the word "undrivable" is mentioned
>>
>>17282896
The GT3 already feels like a rocket coming out of the apex. A GT2 with its turbos in boost would feel even more ridiculous.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.