[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your guys' opinion on the CL55 AMG? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

What are your guys' opinion on the CL55 AMG? Is it worth buying now?
>>
Sure, why not, I'd just get an S55 in the first place though. Less expensive, more doors and space, same weight.
>>
>>17280403

You should go for the newer CLS instead, they are better cars all around.
>>
>>17280403
Okay, whoah. Come on man what the fuck is this shit? Mercedes has made more than a few ugly cars the last 20 years, but with these "mods" or whatever, this CL takes ugliness to a new level
>>
>>17280413
I'm not really worried about the space, currently I have an RX-8 so I'm used to smaller cars, I'm mainly worried about reliability issues.
>>
>>17280403
Yes. That supercharged 5.xL engine is one of the best engines in a road car imo. However, you're talking about a car that was $120k new, don't think the repair bills will be anything short of laughable. You might be able to afford a $20k car, but avg cost of ownership on these is like $3500 annually
>>
File: cd8.jpg (25KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
cd8.jpg
25KB, 600x391px
>>17280460
>only $3500
>>
>>17280413
Shut up. Pillarless coupe > Sedan
>>
>>17280403
It's a fucking fighter jet of a car, and if it had more exotic styling wouldn't be as incredibly cheap as it is. It's a solid performance luxury buy.
>>
>>17280403
In general, yes. If pic related, no. It's been murdered out by some nigger. Get a clean stock one.
>>
>>17280460
I've heard estimates of yearly cost range from $500 to $7k
>>
While we're on the subject of 10 year old Mercedes', what are /o/s thoughts on the S600 V12?

I can afford the brand new one but im not taking the depreciation hit and would rather have the older model that looks better anyway.
>>
>>17280840
Upside: V12 power
Downsides: Mercedes repair prices doubled, heavy.
>>
>>17280460
>>17280467
>>17280643
3.5k a year is nothing you poorfag. Lmao
>>
>>17280403
who the fuck thought this looked good lmao
>parked in front of a garbage house
like pottery
>>
>>17280871

I'm a long haul truck driver and would drive it maybe 4 or 5 times a year so it's not like I'm driving it to work or anything.
>>
>>17280889
>would drive it maybe 4 or 5 times a year
Well, shit, then go for it. Reliability isn't an issue if you don't drive it.
>>
>>17280889
That just means that every time you end up driving it there will be a new thing wrong with it. These German cars seems to go on the fritz when parked for a long time.
>>
>>17280442
Well it's not gonna be a toatally troublefree car. If you want to keep costs low, you'll have to get a Chinese MB Star Diagnostic clone. I think with one of those and the right MB software/EPC it shouldn't be too bad apart from parts cost (ABC air struts are like $1000 a pop for example).
>>
>>17280888
>can only see one corner of the house
>visible corner has a two-car-garage door visible and a nice fence
>no weeds growing up through the driveway
>only shit part of the picture is the grass being not-so-green, but it's not like the yard is a dirt pit

anons projecting when they're angry
like pottery
>>
>>17280889
I have a CL500 which generally runs without problems unless it is parked for a few weeks when I get a load of different random errors - false bulb failure warnings, peculiar gear changes. suspension weirdness, for example. If it is run at least every week it works perfectly.
>>
>>17281209

fug

Im out 2 months at a time, well shit.
>>
>>17281204
dude you can tell its a shitty neighborhood. built in the 80s tract home.
yard over grown, concrete tired as hell, shitty old fences. literally a mexican neighborhood.

maybe to your flyover eyes this is nice, but this is a low middle class neighborhood in california.
>>
>>17281209
guarantee that's due to the battery voltage getting low
if you leave it on a trickle charger when storing it you'll be fine
>>
That car looks like AIDS
>>
>>17280403
>CL55 AMG
get the CL65.

Where else are you going to get 621 horsepower and 738 lb-ft of torque for under $15,000?
>>
>>17281547
I'm going to try a solar charging panel plugged into the OBD2 port the next time I leave it for an extended length of time. They do have a reputation for tricky parasitic drains.
>>
>>17282035
solar trickle chargers are great, but why the obd2 port?
you're kind of supposed to either put it right on the battery terminals or into a cigarette lighter socket
>>
>>17280403
Under no circumstances is what's been done to this car acceptable.

That said, the CLs have always been nice, but...if you're going to go for the W220 chassis, be prepared to make some expensive repairs due to age/mileage.

Someone mentioned the air struts - easy to replace, parts are 1200-1500 for GOOD ones.

Any of these with the early ABC can be trouble - the pumps tend to wear out and lose pressure when they sit. They are essentially impossible to rebuild yourself, and buying a GOOD one will be thousands.

Timing chains and chain guides are another thing to stay on top of with any M-B V8

The W220 is surprisingly easy to work on, but do NOT get a V12 in this car - the M275 is a very expensive motor to keep happy. If you want the real sleeper, and a much better car all around, get the previous generation CL 600 with the stunning M120 V12.
>>
>>17282035
>>17282259
Those Mercedes CAN modules LOVE 12 volts continuous, just jump every other OBD2 pin to power and the opposite to ground and your Mercedes will last forever
>>
>>17280460
Would it make sense to part it out assuming you have enough space? Just drive it until something major breaks?

I'd like one in the future.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.