[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are fast cars with good automatics + paddles fun? I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 01-2018-audi-rs3-fd-1.jpg (116KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
01-2018-audi-rs3-fd-1.jpg
116KB, 750x422px
Are fast cars with good automatics + paddles fun? I feel like limiting my choices to manual-only is making me miss out on a lot of great cars.
>>
>>17280176
>limiting my choices to manual-only
Please tell me that you're not really letting 4chan memes dictate your real life
>>
Good automatics don't really need you to engage paddles ever. They're there to appease the boiracer fantasies. Yes, they're fun.
>>
>>17280188
Are they fun in normal day to day driving, or just when driving hard on a track/backroad? I feel like driving stick can make even driving downtown engaging, while flicking paddles in traffic makes you look like a dumbass.
>>
>>17280217
What car are you looking for?
>>
>>17280217
Paddle shift will work like a normal auto unless you use the paddles.
>>
>>17280259
40 to 50k CAD, fun DD, at least 300HP, new or slightly used, a bit of practicality
>>
>>17280176
I've only ever driven those on my dad's M5, and they really are fun. Not as much fun as manual, but atleast you can switch between paddles and automatic for when you don't want to go full Dagumi.
>>
>>17280176
Yes paddles are fun

Pressing a clutch = fun is a meme
>>
>>17280188
Even good automatics shift (or don't) at the wrong time on occasion.
Paddles can help remedy that.

For example, in my Honda Fit Sport.
Every morning, I take the same ramp to get on the highway to go to work.
I start accelerating to get up to speed with traffic so I can merge.
It's a ramp that merges into another ramp that eventually merges into the main highway, so the speed limit is 45 but most people are going 50-55.

If I accelerate passed 45 and try to hold 50, it stays in 4th gear and drones at 4k rpm and it sounds terrible. It won't shift into 5th unless I let off the gas until it hits ~42, or I moderately accelerate to ~65.

Paddles let me hit 45 and shift so my engine doesn't sound so bad.
>>
>>17280274
Do you have a house? Do you have any other debt?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.