[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /o/ I'm trying to decide which hot hatchback to g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: asdfsdf.jpg (139KB, 1194x398px) Image search: [Google]
asdfsdf.jpg
139KB, 1194x398px
Hey, /o/

I'm trying to decide which hot hatchback to go for. Seeing as how new models are coming in soon, pricing is pretty competitive right now so I figured it was a good time to buy.

One thing to note is that I've got about 30k saved, but I really don't want to pay over 20k for either of these cars. I figure the new models coming in soon, and having some decent purchasing power as far as down payments, I should be getting a decent deal.

Which is the best value?

Focus RS ST1 (base)

or

Golf GTI S

The focus has more power, but the Golf has more features. Having a hard time deciding on this one.

I live in TX so these are the cargurus searches I've set up:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searchresults.action?sourceContext=SearchResultsPage&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=t69718&zip=78717&distance=500#

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searchresults.action?sourceContext=SearchResultsPage&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d199&zip=78717&distance=200
>>
>>17278447
what do you drive now? why do you need a new car?
>>
>>17278453
>what do you drive now?
A 2006 Canyon that I'll be passing on to my sibling. It's in the 130k range as far as mileage and the fuel economy is definitely not the best.

I've owned an Eclipse GST before my dad passed the truck on to me, and I really enjoyed it. I want to buy a similar car for my first new purchase.
>>
>>17278463
buy a used golf R.
>>
File: 505mhzbfvrwy.jpg (62KB, 640x401px) Image search: [Google]
505mhzbfvrwy.jpg
62KB, 640x401px
Civic Si.
>>
>>17278447
>Focus RS ST1
there's no such thing...
It's either an RS or an ST
>>
Fiesta ST>Focus ST
>>
>>17278580
>there's no such thing...
There's three "levels" to the ST trim. Nothing mechanical, just amenities.

>>17278585
>Fiesta ST>Focus ST
I would consider a FiST but I am too fucking big for one.
>>
>>17278585
except you're wrong.
>smaller
>less power
>less reliable engine
>less ammenities

"but muh go kart handling"

Too bad the focus out handles it too.

Fiesta fags are fucking cancer to the ST world
>>
>>17278591
Yeah except you called it an RS ST1
there isn't an "RS ST1" you dolt that is my point and considering you couldnt derive that from the post you should probably get the volkswagen because you're suitably retarded for it.
>>
>>17278599
>you're suitably retarded for it.
I was in the middle of watching that Motor Trend ep of the RS vs the R. Calm the fuck down, you know what I meant.
>>
Focus interior is shit, but i would still take it over any vw garbage
>>
>>17278447

GTI.

If you want to mod, get the performance pack with the performance pack that has an LSD. Just an APR tune on a GTI will outrun a fully bolted/tuned Focus ST.
>>
>>17278647
>GTI will outrun a fully bolted/tuned Focus ST.
Source?
[spoiler]Your ass[/spoiler
>>
>>17278447
That's not a focus rs op but if i had to choose i would pick the gti i like the interior and style way more for a dd
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.