[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the idea of someone starting a car company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: gaijin.png (3MB, 1446x732px) Image search: [Google]
gaijin.png
3MB, 1446x732px
What do you think about the idea of someone starting a car company that makes affordable Japanese 90s era sports cars using original parts from the respective manufacturers of the originals from the 90s.
>>
I think it's a great idea what won't turn much of a profit.
>>
>>17274428
I think they wouldn't be affordable anymore, because if you adjust for inflation those cars costed the same as "overpriced" cars like the GT86, and wouldn't be any cheaper if newly made.
>>
>>17274431
It could certainly be made affordable compared to the very few choices you have in that market.
>>
>>17274428
If you could offer all the Skylines and Evos in the US I think you'd sell a bajillion of them.
But they wouldn't pass pedestrian safety amd emissions standards today.
>>
>>17274481
Thankfully, we can still get JDM tyte sportbikes capable of impaling pedestrians at 130mph while farting unburnt hydrocarbons out their catless race pipes.
>>
>>17274428
I think someone should make a company selling a kit car that replicates the weight distribution and driving dynamics of the AE86 for cheap.
>>
I think you're underestimating the parts costs and the road homologation involved.
>>
>>17274643
If OP knows how to run a company it could probably be done on a small scale, maybe not in the US though
>>
>>17274428
You would never be able to road register them as they don't pass current regulations.
>>
>>17274428
You want to be the Singer of 90s JDM cars? Just not a big enough market. It'd be one of those businesses where people would say "that's awesome, you're doing a really cool thing" but they'd never buy anything
>>
Better idea.
Live in Canada, buy skylines for 8k Canadian, turn around and sell to Americans for 10k USD.
>>
>>17274771
Basically 90s JDM cars, with modern safety and technology while still retaining what made them what they were back in the day.
>>
>>17274431
they cost far more, adjusting for inflation.
>>
>>17274903
That's the GT86. Everyone hates it.
>>
>>17274979
I would love the GT86 if it cost like $18,000
>>
>>17274640
I second this
>>
>>17275144
Wheres your gt86 then?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.