[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went to a used car dealership to look at a car I liked. One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: shelby.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
shelby.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
Went to a used car dealership to look at a car I liked.

One problem I noticed off the bat is that it has been on the lot since November or so (It's a $37,000 2012 Shelby GT500, so I'm sure those don't go too quickly, but 7-8 months? Seems a little much. Would you consider this a red flag?

Additionally, the power windows (driver and passanger) make a screeching noise and have resistance when going up or down. They claimed it was because they recently took tint off the windows. Could this be true?
>>
Tell them you'll give them 30k plus tip
>>
File: GT500BTFO.png (904KB, 1392x558px) Image search: [Google]
GT500BTFO.png
904KB, 1392x558px
>Not any faster than a V6 camaro
>>
>>17272877
Cars like usually sit for a awhile. If it's a small dealership they can afford to let it sit on the lot for a year or two. Big dealerships may just give up and auction it because it's taking up valuable lot space.
>>
For $37k most would rather get something else other than an an ancient 2005 mustang chassis with a thirsty supercharged obsolete 5.4 liter modular. If you still want it, do your research on the price, determine what you'd be willing to pay for it, and be ready to negotiate with the dealer.
>>
>>17272971
>2011 vs 2017
You're such a tool.
>>
To be honest if I had $37k I'd wait to order a new mustang gt with the dual injection.
>>
>>17274405
it is sorta sad a 600+ hp car isn't faster than a V6 camaro around a track

its not like the GT500 is a hellcat that weighs 4000+ lbs. It shouldn't be slower than such a less powerful car.
>>
>>17274696
A restored 1969 boss mustang is slower around any track than a 5 yeard beater focus.
That's the nature of technological advancements.
Notice that pic has the times for a 2017 camaro, but not the 2017 gt500....
>>
>>17274696
The GT500 isnt for corners, not what it was made for
>>
>>17274696
2012 wasn't 662 hp it had the 5.4L

The 13 and 14 had the 5.8L trinity that put out 662hp
>>
>>17275001
Supersnake was 900hp, then 950hp.
Shelby 1000 was 1,000hp in California trim, 1124hp in 49 state trim (Shelby's personal 1000 was more).
Weird how those vehicles numbers are never quoted...
>>
>>17275088
>special edition cars
We are talking about a basic bitch gt500 from 2012 in the OP
>>
>>17272877
What does carfax (not autofraud) say?
>>
>$37k
get a base brz, crawfords 300 turbo kit.
clutch, tires, exhaust, axles, and be a lot faster in every aspect.
>>
>>17275257
theres always that one fag
>>
>>17275257
>buy a new BRZ then void the warranty
>>
>>17275257
>get a new BRZ
>Make sure you do as much as possible to void the warranty and reduce it's reliability
>Have a smile on your face as the oil line ruptures and another turbo BRZ bursts into flames on the highway
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.