[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /o/, my friend wants to do a project car this Summer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 100_3195.jpg (157KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
100_3195.jpg
157KB, 799x599px
Alright /o/, my friend wants to do a project car this Summer. How feasible is it for 2 dumb asses with no experience to swap an RB20 into a 240sx?
>>
>>17272328

unless you have a very good guide and or are competent electricians, don't do it

wiring and electrical problems will fuck you up good even with cars of that vintage even when the mechanicals are straightforwards

think very carefully so it doesn't join the craigslist abandoned projects graveyard
>>
>>17272328
mechanically it's easy
if you're not good wiring guys, or not sure
budget for a wiring specialties harness. so if you can't get it to run just order and install. it'll also be new and not brittle old shit like the stock harness
>>
>>17272355
>>17272409
http://www.wiringspecialties.com/prwsprrbins1.html

Wow wiring will be super hard guys
>>
it's all nissan and into a similar chassis as the other cars it comes out of. should be pretty simple. just make sure you have an engine hoist
>>
>>17272328
Save your money. Do something responsible. What do you do when one of you wants to get your money out and the other doesn't? Stop watching haggard garage.
>>
>>17272823
Its his friends money from the sound of it.
>>
>>17272433
>get a wiring specialties harness

>hurrrrr dumbies, just get this wiring specialties harness.
>>
>>17272328
>wasting money putting a shit motor in a shit car

Or you could save your money and not waste it on dumb shit.
>>
>>17272846
>>
>>17272838
Not the same anon, but what's wrong with wiring specialties? Never even heard of them until now but if it's that straight forward to just buy a harness, add a couple pieces and pay what's so bad about them?
>>
>>17273121
No, he was saying that anon missed that in a previous post.
>>
>>17273131
Ah gotcha gotcha, thought he was implying that something was wrong with going that route and company.
>>
>>17272328
>not doing a cheaper, easier, better ls swap

hell truck or van motors are a dime a dozen, even the 4.8 is good for the s13
>>
>>17272328
not very hard at all, pretty sure all you gotta do is change the engine mounts and it bolts straight in

>>17272355
theres a heap of guides on the internet they shouldnt have a problem, they just need the wiring specialties harness and theyre good for wiring
>>
>>17273170
maybe if you wanna fall asleep at the wheel, a 20det is 10x more fun, (yes I have owned both)
>>
>>17272328
>RB20
>Not SR20

I get that you want >muh I6 and all, but the RB20 is kind of a shit RB to be quite honest with you. Far better of sourcing an SR20 if you want a 2L, it'll be a lot more robust and likely to last a bit of abuse.

If you could get hold of an RB25 NEO, that'd be a different story.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.