[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm visiting the US from France, and plan on renting a 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

I'm visiting the US from France, and plan on renting a 2016 Camaro SS. I've never driven automatic, RWD, or over 200hp. What am I in for?
>>
A camaro SS
>>
A fiery death.

Frogs are just not cut out for V8. Rent a FWD cuckbox.
>>
>>17270061
Shouldn't be any different than any other car you've driven. just don't do nothing stupid and you shouldn't even notice the extra power is there.
>>
>>17270061
Put it in d to drive and leave it there. Hold the car with the brake pedal at stoplights. P is park gear. Be smart with the throttle and leave TCS on.
>>17270143
Wow awesome post anon
>>
>>17270151
t. Albert Barbeaux
>>
its a boring fucking car, why not spend like $500 per day and rent a manual corvette c7 in the highest trim availible at the rental place
>>
Well, if you're renting, chances are it will be a V6 Automatic. If that's the case, then not much of anything. It'll be quicker than your typical euro-style 4 banger, but it certainly won't get away from you. You have nothing to fear.

However, if you did manage to get a hold of a V8 Manual, they're quite quick, especially in straight lines. In those cases, be mindful of how much throttle you give it, because if you just fucking floor it, it might get away from you a little bit.
>>
>>17270294

Cont.

One last thing, be mindful of visibility. It is truly horrendous. There is good reason this a meme for these cars.

Also, they're certainly going to be larger than most stuff you see in the swamp, particularly at the hood.
>>
>>17270061
Be careful with the throttle at lower gears, and in general. the wheels are being driven at the rear and you'll feel that difference immediately and it doesnt really make too much difference city driving. But any 200 hp i4 has no torque, so youre going to feel that shit right away, dont floor it at first
>>
>>17270285
>rent a manual corvette
Show me a rental manual
>>
>>17270061
>What am I in for?
imagine lafayette meeting george washington for the first time.
george says "hey lafayette, I got a barrel of whiskey, a bag a cocaine, and i'm the god damn law and order of this town.. we are going to have fun"
>>
File: 1486416109976.png (189KB, 487x459px) Image search: [Google]
1486416109976.png
189KB, 487x459px
>>17270061
nice, am jelly yuropoor, blast some born in the usa better yet summertime (will s.) froggie
>>
>>17270294
He just said SS

>>17270303
>One last thing, be mindful of visibility. It is truly horrendous. There is good reason this a meme for these cars.
Yes because that's all it is and you clearly haven't driven one. Ok OP this poster doesn't know what he's talking about so listen to me instead. The SS is around 400 hp. I would opt for something not as extreme because you might not be able to handle it.
>>
File: Blackhawk-CC-Sept-2015-36 - Copy.jpg (608KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
Blackhawk-CC-Sept-2015-36 - Copy.jpg
608KB, 1200x797px
Shittons of fun. Be careful in the turns.

If you wanna race boiracers at the lights just stare them down and rev your engine a bit
>>
>>17271690
>The SS is around 400 hp. I would opt for something not as extreme because you might not be able to handle it.
This. Get a hellcat and put it in 700HP+ mode
>>
Camaro SS (like most modern cars) are computers on wheels filled with technological nannies. It's hard to fuck up.

The car is fast but you don't feel the speed. I felt more G force in my mustang despite 65 less lb-ft of torque.
>>
>>17270061
>over 200HP
why not save like 5-10k and get a base V6 Camaro
that's what I have, it's okay on gas but it's plenty of power and a smooth ride for sure
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.