[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, I need advice on a vehicle purchase I'm going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: 1444075665014.jpg (7KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
1444075665014.jpg
7KB, 250x244px
Hey /o/, I need advice on a vehicle purchase

I'm going to be a college sophomore and my parents said they're going to buy me a car. It won't be my first, as I have a jetta right now. I'll be using it to travel occasionally between home and my college (~4 hours) and from my apartment to school (~5 minutes).

I was thinking about getting a Miata, but my mom and dad said it was "gay." What do?
>>
>>17266967
you dont want a fucking miata as a college car daily
trust me
that sounds like a fucking mess, how would you even take your shit between your house and your college
>>
>>17266978
shit, you're absolutely right man
>>
>>17266967
>but my mom and dad said it was "gay."
Can't argue with that.
>>
>>17266989
I only have motorcycles and do fine.

Miata has a lot more room than a motorcycle does.
>>
>>17267021
this, why do you need more than a trunk and a passenger seat for college?
you can always borrow a pickup from family or whatever. you will regret not driving a cheap sports car once you have more responsibility
>>
Get a bigger car
>>
File: wrx wagon.jpg (166KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wrx wagon.jpg
166KB, 1600x1200px
>>17266967

WRX Wagon

Lots of room for hauling shit, enough seats to carry your GF and her 2 side guys around, reliable, quick, holds value disgustingly well.

Truly the patrician's choice of automobile for all phases of life.
>>
>but my mom and dad said it was "gay."

Your parents are wise.
>>
>>17267056
Because i'm taking shit with me? and miata trunks are fucking tiny at that
>>
Get an EG/EF civic hatch.
>>
File: 00v0v_fzPatqtwsXm_1200x900.jpg (227KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00v0v_fzPatqtwsXm_1200x900.jpg
227KB, 1200x900px
Get a Crown Vic. Easiest buy of your life, your dad remembers it as being just like the cars he grew up with and it's a fun DD for all the wrong reasons. It makes a great college car because it's roomy as hell (3 in the front, 3 in the back), trunk can fit all kinds of shit, parts are super cheap, the V8 is responsive and isn't fast enough to get you in trouble.
>>
File: 1996_Buick_Roadmaster_3[1].jpg (64KB, 579x386px) Image search: [Google]
1996_Buick_Roadmaster_3[1].jpg
64KB, 579x386px
buick roadmaster wagon
>>
>>17267311
>>17267311
and then you get fucked by MPG
>>
File: 00S0S_bZsJxLOo7vl_1200x900.jpg (77KB, 852x640px) Image search: [Google]
00S0S_bZsJxLOo7vl_1200x900.jpg
77KB, 852x640px
>>17267338
I'd rather take the hit in MPG (which isn't that bad) rather than take a hit in maintenance costs that could skyrocket if you buy the wrong one

Literally everything on a Crown Vic can be bought and replaced for extremely cheap. The same underpinning chassis can be dropped into a full size Ford from the 1980s and it would hook up if you drilled holes for the old body.
>>
>>17267353
i really disagree dude

there is only a single crown vic for sale

just because parts are cheap doesnt make it good
how about a car thats reliable so it doesnt need replacing
also parts and labor are still cheap
>>
File: image.jpg (406KB, 800x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406KB, 800x541px
Mercedes 240D/300D

They last forever, plenty of space, good on diesel, and you can probably sell for more than you bought it for in a few years.

>also classy as hell
>>
>>17267375
Are you fucking retarded? Genuine question. Crown vics are known to be reliable and get up to high miles. Go for a corolla, camry, accord, civic. They can be had for cheap and still be in good condition.
>>
>>17267506
This is the worst suggestion in this thread
>>
File: veneno.jpg (106KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
veneno.jpg
106KB, 750x422px
just get a veneno. The space can be tight sometimes but its really affordable
>>
Ops parents are typical white people

homophobic, irresponsible with their money, and spoil their child for no real reason

so your parents want to buy you a second car even though you already have a working one and also have to pay student loans (unless they are paying for that too) and u also have an apartment?

why not use that money to do somthing useful as opposed to making you into an even bigger spoiled brat
>>
>>17270353
this, fucking white """"people""""
>>
>>17266967
3k civic.
>>
>>17270353
t. poor person with a single parent

lmao
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.