[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://abc7ny.com/news/police-man-a ngry-he-cant-pump-own-ga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

http://abc7ny.com/news/police-man-angry-he-cant-pump-own-gas-in-nj-punches-worker/2027673/

So... why are you not allowed to pump your own fuel in New Jersey, and many other states I guess?

Fire? Prevent theft?
>>
File: IMG_1343.jpg (168KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1343.jpg
168KB, 1024x768px
>>17263133
It's to create a job that doesn't really need to exist
>>
Because for all the meme shit you hear about USA being retarded or full of assholes, in NJ it's actually true and then multiplied by 5.
>>
The knuckle dragging nimrods over there cannot be trusted to do it on their own. No surprise whoever chimped out was driving a fucking meme
>>
>>17263133
>Be Canadian
>taking some course in NYC
>live in Union City
>never expected there to be so many Latinos, only ever seen 2 in my life before this
>have my car there for when I want to go on drives away from the cities to the middle of nowhere
>get gas in Jersey because cheaper than NY
>don't feel like letting some 16 year old cholo wannabes spray gas over my paint
>pump my own gas, station attendants starts freaking out telling my I'm not allowed to do that
>point at my Ontario plates and pretend to be a dumb Canadian
I got away with so much dumb shit with that excuse

But yeah I guess its to give these teenagers some extra pocket money and get them into the habit of working and being responsible adults
>>
>Newer style black muscle car
So the gas attendant didn't even manage to identify the car after being around it long enough to have a fight?

$100 says it was a clueless retarded female and the guy didn't want them touching his nice car on a roadtrip for obvious reasons. The bitch probably got offended and "stuck the law to him" and got BTFO for not allowing a simple accommodation. Just because it’s in a book somewhere, doesn’t mean you can’t just say “whatever dude, there’s nobody here if you want to save me the work be my guest”.
>>
>>17263155

This has been my understanding of the issue.

They tried to get rid of it some time ago but a few organizations caused a big fuss saying

>BUH BUH THOSE POOR UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE!!! YOU CANT DO THAT!!!!!!!
>>
>>17263133
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB19RNowUpE
>tfw no qt gas station gf
>>
>>17263133
Why wouldn't you be allowed to pump your own gas in jersey?
What are the cops gonna do?
>>
>>17263133
Here in oregon they always mutter something about jobs when you ask.

That said most of the time if you ask to pump it yourself, allot of people with restored cars and rare cars in general opt for that.
>>
>>17263685
Arrest u

The same rule applies in Oregon as well, you need an attendant to do it for you

Doesn't make fuel any more expensive so I don't see why anyone cares, it's a job creator
>>
>>17263595
>>never expected there to be so many Latinos, only ever seen 2 in my life before this
kek

american is already well on it's way of becoming brazil 2.0. there's no city that isn't filled with spics and niggers.
>>
>>17263659
If we got that kind of service I wouldn't mind, but instead we get dumb teenagers that fuck up in one way or another after making us wait 15 minutes to do something that should take less than 5
>>
>>17263659
what did you look for to find a video like that?
>>
>Live in NJ
>main highway is closed because someone rammed an illegal immigrant and her 4 kids trying to cross it doing 50 MPH
>have to swim through 4 Superfund sites and abandoned steel plant, THEN drive to get to school
>can't pay toll to get into school, have to wait for mom to drop her E-ZPass off
>miss important test as a result
>detoxify Hackensack River for detention
>finish detention, car has no gas from earlier
>only gas station around for 30 miles is a Shell run by a designated street shitter
>lines are 3 miles long because only 1 pump is working and people can't pump their own gas
>try to explain to poo-in-loo that car requires 93
>he hits low octane
>engine knocks hard and then dies after leaving the gas station
>die from tetanus you contracted while cleaning Hackensack
>christie swoops down and eats your carcass
>>
>>17263689
>Doesn't make fuel any more expensive
You know that Oregon's gas prices run about 40 cents per gallon above national average, right?
>>
File: 1429786553367.jpg (53KB, 400x554px) Image search: [Google]
1429786553367.jpg
53KB, 400x554px
>>17263705
japanese gas station service
what were you thinking, h-hentai?
>>
>>17263689
A rest me and charge me with what? Touching the gas pump? Unlawfully filling my own tank? Do I need a fancy license to fill my gas? Don't touch my fucking car. Is the station liable for any damages done to my car if they fuck up? What is the crime punishment of filling your own pump anyway? A misdemeanor at best? A fine? I can't imagine any jail time associated with it
>>
>>17263739
ameripoop triggered af lmao
why don't you bring your assault rifle and a copy of MUH CONSTITUSHIONS with you haha?
>>
>>17263734

Ayy it's cucked 'green' taxes as well my dude

>>17263739

I dunno it's one of those 'not really' crimes that doesn't really matter in most places
>>
File: tmp_30005-123951-234215925.png (86KB, 387x336px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30005-123951-234215925.png
86KB, 387x336px
>>17263748
>>
>>17263739
He's pulling that out of his ass for Oregon, they'll let you I've seen it done at multiple stations, whether there's a law against it and no one cares, or there isn't one I don't know but I doubt it escalates unless someone is a bitch about it, and odds are like you said it'd be like a fine.

I don't think there is one, because the local station here lets you self serve and pay with a card at the pump after hours, so I doubt there's any rule saying you need an attendant at all gas stations to pump it, plus there's one that is only self serve and no building or people working at it. (Granted most of the business is log truck drivers but they sell Gasoline as well as diesel you just need a member card)
>>
>>17263761

See my above post, it's just a law, not really ever seen it enforced
>>
>>17263775
Yeah I figured it might be that if it was on the books. One of those things that's there and no one gives a shit.

Most people here don't care and just let them pump when I think I've seen like four or five people in a decade of living here actually request that.

Suprised more farmers don't plenty of stories every few months of some dumbass teenager filling up Cleetus' Cummins with Gas instead of Diesel.
>>
>>17263691
You don't understand, anon. Union City is Little Latin America. Literally 85% of the population is Latino. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_City,_New_Jersey#2010_Census

They don't even bother speaking English, many of them can't.
>>
>Why did New Jersey ban self serve gas
ostensibly for safety
in reality, it's dirty like everything in Jersey. a guy lowered his prices by offering self serve, other gas station owners tried to intimidate him. when that failed, they got self serve gas banned altogether
http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/02/the_real_reason_self-service_gas_was_banned_in_nj_corruption_not_safety.html
>"Reingold decided to offer the consumer a choice by opening up a 24-pump gas station on Route 17 in Hackensack. He offered gas at 18.9 cents a gallon. The only requirement was that drivers pump it themselves. They didn't mind. They lined up for blocks.
>"The other gas station operators didn't like the competition. Someone tried shooting up Reingold's station. But he installed bulletproof glass, so the retailers looked for a softer target - the Statehouse. The Gasoline Retailers Association prevailed upon its pals in the Legislature to push through a bill banning self-serve gas. The pretext was safety, but the Hackensack fire chief had already told all who would listen that Rein- gold's operation was perfectly safe.

>why is it still illegal to self serve
a lot of states repealed it during the gas crisis in the 70s. by 1980, only new jersey and oregon are left with full serve as a legal requirement it turns out that a bunch of highly motivated and active voters (old people and the handicapped) love full serve and will make it a single voter issue. basically, if you propose repeal, you will lose a lot more support than you could hope to gain. so the law stays in place. it also protects a basic job.
>>
>>17263689
you don't understand how american gas stations work.

they barely get any money from the sale of gasoline. the money is all made by selling convenience items. the fuel company and the government gets most of the fuel sale money.
>>
>>17263706
>waiting for mom to drop of EZ Pass
>Not just blowing through the EZ Pass Lane and later explaining "whoops, must have forgot the EZ pass in my other car"

It works 95% of the time OP
>>
File: thinking.png (22KB, 970x970px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
22KB, 970x970px
>>17263759
Huh really makes you think
>>
>>17263803
I don't know why everyone thinks the attendants are literally potato level retards, they will ask the customer what fuel they want first (esp if there is a premium option) and will learn how not to spill fuel, I haven't spilt fuel ever and it's not my job
>>
>>17263595
They can get fined $50-$250 on single offenses or $500 if they fail to stop you... that's why the attendants freak out. The place selling the gas gets fined, not you.

>>17263692
NJ gas stations will mill about slowly, and they'll be a couple for a dozen or more pumps. It's aggravating to have your pump be done and wait several minutes for teh attendant to return

>>17263761
>I don't think there is one, because the local station here lets you self serve and pay with a card at the pump after hours, so I doubt there's any rule saying you need an attendant at all gas stations to pump it, plus there's one that is only self serve and no building or people working at it. (Granted most of the business is log truck drivers but they sell Gasoline as well as diesel you just need a member card)

oft enforced, but they're going to formally legalize self serve after hours in a bunch of counties in Oregon soon
http://kval.com/news/local/ready-to-pump-your-own-gas-lawmakers-ok-self-serve-for-15-rural-oregon-counties

>>17263857
The net profit on gas in the US is only three cents, it barely pays for anything. convenience store money is where it's at.

>>17263860
don't do this in New york if you're from a one plate state. two issues:
1) Certain bridge crossings use gates that lift/close. with no tag in the car, they'll try to read the front license plate via OCR. no front license plate? You can be waiting 10-20 minutes for a human toll collector to notice and manually lift the gate.
2) certain bridges are now cashless and will charge you a higher toll that will be mailed to you several weeks later if you don't have an active EZpass tag in the vehicle.
>>
>>17263737
as someone that used to live in japan and had access to us military base gas stations. for 7 bucks a gallon off base in japan. there better be some hentai service.
>>
>>17263880
Shit, that's pretty useful information with the plates. I'm from NJ but don't rock the front plate because I'm reckless / I drive a BMW and don't want them to have to drill holes on the front bumper to mount a plate.
>>
File: IMG_0742.jpg (35KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0742.jpg
35KB, 540x540px
Amerifats are so stupid and lazy to get out of their car so that they need some dumbass kid to pump gas for them and put their filthy hands on the paint? How embarrassing!
>>
>>17263880
Interesting, that self serve only one has been here for years. Might be a different thing since it doesn't even have a place for employees. Just a little Pacific Pride station by the mill.

Bill mentions eastern oregon too specifically which is nice though.
>>
>>17263901
yeah, just get an ezpass IMO. in new york if you auto-replenish by credit or debit card then it's no fee to have the ezpass and you can get the tags without a deposit (again, if you have auto-replenish on). they don't care that your vehicle or you are from another state.

note that New jersey is greedy as fuck and toll discounts in NJ only apply to NJ issued ezpass, so if you're frequently on NJ toll roads (more than once a month) the discounts on tolls may outweigh their $1/month fee. (Pennsylvania, for instance, discounts all Ezpass by 22% off the cash price, regardless of what state issued your transponder).

a lot of bridges are going totally cashless - this has already been done at the Tappan Zee and NJ/PA turnpike delaware river bridge... and they're going to do it for a variety of crossings including the G.W.B. either later this year or next year.
>>
>gasoline aint free. the pump of gas and diesel gotta be littered with the blood of petrolheads. new jersey aka NJ is not my state. it is islamic caliphate and probably jewish as well :DD. Ford and Dodge not Fiat and Bosch ok. praise ExxonMobil.
>>
>>17264007
I used to be a contractor at ExxonMobil back when oil prices were nice and high. Man oh man did they have it good.

Employees were treated like fucking gold in the offices. The culture is obsessive about safety to a ridiculous point. If as a contractor, I were to walk around with a hot beverage that didn't have a lid on, or go down the stairs without holding the handrail, or go faster than 10mph in the parking lot - the manager responsible for me would get dinged on their bonus. Per incident. Meetings would open with a "safety minute" where people would talk about "near misses" like cutting something and realizing a saw is sharp so they made sure they held it securely in a safe fashion. (Not joking).

You could get anything if you said you needed it for ergonomics, and there was a program called RSIGuard intended to prevent repetitive strain injury that was installed on company laptops. Being a fast touch typist, the laptop would repeatedly lock me out to force me to take breaks from work. You could just get up and walk around the campus for an hour if you said you needed it for your health.

Everyone in the IT organization was required to change job roles every two years. This prevented anyone from getting too good at their job. Combine that with the "safety" culture and nobody wants to change or update anything because it's safer to say no. They still had pensions and any flight over four hours could be booked by any employee in business class on ExxonMobil's dime.

I got cut when the price of oil collapsed in late 2014 (sent to a different customer that wasn't ExxonMobil)... I don't know if things have changed their with the reduced price of oil. I imagine they had to, to some degree.
>>
>>17263155
this and only this. Oregon and NJ are fucktards.
>>
>>17263595 >>17263691

>never expected there to be so many Latinos, only ever seen 2 in my life before this
They and blacks have an explosive reproduction rate in the USA. By 2042, the people of color will be the majority in the USA not just because of the immigration and illegal immigration, but because people of color have children at a low age.

We've had a bunch of 13-year old mothers last year in my city for example.
>>
>>17263860
>Not just blowing through the EZ Pass Lane and later explaining "whoops, must have forgot the EZ pass in my other car"
Excuse doesn't work here. The pass is assigned to the car and not the driver.
>>
File: 1492627562930.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1492627562930.gif
1MB, 371x209px
Imagine how fucking retarded you have to be where the only job you can get is a gas station attendant and you can't identify whether a car is a Mustang or Camaro and then call it a Muscle car.
>>
Is it just me or is the EZ pass to damn flaky? Never had an issue on the 407
>>
>>17264443
You can take your transponder to another vehicle, a lot of people do this in rental cars to get cashless tolling without the assrape fees that car rental companies charge. The problem becomes if the toll tag does not read for some reason.

In your own vehicle, if you've properly registered your plate to an account, they'll manually reconcile it by looking at an image of your plate versus the account list.. As long as this is a once and a while thing and not every time you go through a toll, they don't care, you won't get a warning and you'll be charged the standard ezpass rate.
>>
File: 1484868200647.jpg (90KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1484868200647.jpg
90KB, 800x532px
>>17264402

>reported for hate thought crimes

How dare you question your leaders? Immigration is great, communities of color are great, inviting 3rd worlders into your community has absolutely no drawbacks.
>>
>>17263133
I fill my own gas in NJ all time time.
>>
>>17263659
I dunno dude. Last time I went to Japan the station attendant touched my hand for some reason. I don't know why she fid it but I immediately felt sick afterwards. Last time I let anyone pump my gas.
>>
>>17263133
Because people are fucking retarded. They smoke at the pump, leave it in while they drive away, take 10 minutes figuring out how to use the fucking thing... it's not worth it.
Why do you even want to pump your own gas? It's smelly and you have to get out of you comfy car into the weather. We basically have servants to do it for us. It's great.
>>
>>17263845
What you don't know is that pretty much everyone in NJ likes having full service. Not just old people.
>>
>>17263639

Aren't jobs like this a prime argument in favor of universal basic income?
>>
>>17263133
Saw someone who was mixing two stroke get cucked when he had the ratio for 4 gallons and the dickhead pumped 5 gallons in and he just left the gas can there.
>>
>>17265709
no, it isn't the job of the government to subsidize everybody
>>
>>17263155
Except with my experience in Oregon is just one gas station attended doing all the pumping. I never saw a single person who's sole job was to pump gas.
>>
>>17263880

>build business model based on making no money
>still have to make money
>sell $2 bottles of soda when peeps can go to Walmart and buy 2 litres of it for $0.99
>>
>>17263860
I'd the pass is assigned to the plate, you don't have to have it in the car. They check your plate, and assume your pass want working, and bill you the toll. I own 3 cars that share a single ipass, I only own 1 ipass, and never had issues going through without one.
>>
mexico here

there has always been gas pump attendants here, i've never even touched the nozzle/gun thing in my life

how does one pump gas?
>>
>>17265709
No, it's an argument to have New York annex NJ because New Jerseyers cannot take care of themselves.
>>
>>17263159
Aussie here.

Coolbuggas
>>
>>17263689
Same reason I don't let other people do shit to my car. They can't be trusted to do it right.

The gas monkey is getting paid if I pump my own gas he should be happy he can just sit around and get paid to do nothing.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.